WoW Crashes, Can't Get Past "Connecting" stage

Exactly what it says. I’ve had emails with tech support already about the situation and they don’t really have any solutions. Done all the normal things (updating Mac, updating WoW, Battle.net, scan for errors, all the things), still nothing. Does anyone have a solution or know where in these forums I can go?

Much appreciated!

Error ID: 573422BA-E4F6-44A3-86EB-C68A5A0C8E89

1 Like

Replying to myself, hoping someone sees this. Here are all the specs.

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro16,2
Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.3 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 512 KB
L3 Cache: 8 MB
Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled
Memory: 32 GB
System Firmware Version: 2022.100.22.0.0 (iBridge: 21.16.4222.0.0,0)
OS Loader Version: 580~1678

Is your MacBook an Intel?

Yes, Quad-Core Intel Core i7.

I had the same problem on my Intel MacBook. WoW kept crashing on startup in Sonoma. The only solution I could come up with was to partition one section of my hard drive with enough space to install WoW.
After that I had to restart my MacBook on Recovery Mode in order to access the partitioned file. My computer originally came with Catalina, so I had to download and install Ventura from the App Store into the partitioned section.
Once you have Ventura installed, then you have to download Battlenet and then WoW.
It took me the better part of a day to do all this, but it’s all now working. I have two partitions: one for Sonoma and one for Ventura.
It’s kind of complicated to do all this, but I can post step-by-step instructions on here if you’re interested.
If you try it yourself, make sure that the Ventura partition isn’t set to automatically install Sonoma in the Software Update section of General Settings.