WoW Council +

I think the community would also kill for a group that just goes through the LFG’s banning every single bot on the spot.

6 Likes

Just use the addon to block them yourself. Otherwise, Blizz is going to implement the authenticator requirement for chat channels next, because people couldn’t fix their own issue.

1 Like

That doesnt solve anything lol

6 Likes

The authenticator had an immediate effect, because chat spammers didn’t have authenticators set up, but then a week later it was back to normal.

Making them link their throwaway account, paid for with tokens almost certainly, to a throwaway free app didn’t exactly have a long-term effect.

3 Likes

Blocking them addon =/= report.

That’s a garbage bandage fix. It’s like shoving all the cat poo to the bottom of the litter box. The poo is still there, just out of sight out of mind.

6 Likes

Yeah, because nobody would abuse having the power of “banning” people they thought were a bot just because the person is out gathering and doesn’t want to respond to you.

Or make a group in group finder with a wonky name cause English isn’t their first language and the person thinks they’re selling a run or they get removed from a group and want repercussions.

I don’t see anything going wrong with this idea at all.

I mean, it’s not as though Blizz does a full review of bitters prior to implementing a ban on them or anything.

Let’s just give random players the power! It will end really well and not lead to a massive headache for Blizzard at all.

(Note: if it’s not obvious enough, I’m being very facetious.)

i wouldn’t. I think people should actually make friends and do that content with friends and guild mates rather than relying on that group finder.

Only so long as I get to be on this council and nobody can overrule me (save Blizzard themselves) and my judgment is absolute…and I totally am going full Batman and extending my vigilante justice to any other area of the game I partake in and see nonsense.

And that pretty much shows why this can never happen.

Also something something the council is a sham puppet with no actual power or “voice” anyway something something.

Yes I know. But it’s Blizzard. They’ll still do something stupid.

What are you reporting them for? And how well has that worked so far? At least the addon means you don’t have to see them again.

As I said in another thread, their existence isn’t going away no matter what Blizz tries. If you ignore them, they no longer annoy you. If people teach newbies in Newcomer chat how to use the addon, then they don’t see that stuff anymore. And if someone wants to risk getting a permanent ban on their account for RMT, that’s on them.

I get the “ty for your reports” and a right click report for spam does what the addon does except it actually sends in a report same with right click reporting in lfg. My server people bypass the addon by switching up words, so you gotta do that anyway in order to stop the spam.

Also why should we need an addon to fix something blizzard is supposed to be policing? They can’t police it unless we right click report.

I said in another post I don’t mind people boosting and some adds. However when it’s to the point of 20 people doing it from the same place, it gets ridiculous. They bypass ignore and that addon. I ignore who I can after right click reporting them then right click the rest after my ignore is full.

So I say again, the addon is shoving the poo to the bottom of the litter box. Teaching new players to install an addon to block spam shows how bad the spam actually is. Shouldn’t need anything external. I don’t in other games that boost, why wow? Cause it isnt policed properly like other MMOS and spam.

Also if you right click report anyone that inquired about RMT that chat log can be viewed by blizz in the report so they catch RMT payers and boosters.

1 Like

As much as I agree with you, they would then need to hire these people because giving ban power to players that are not employees will NEVER happen nor should ever happen. Which means then they are not going to waste money on hiring people to just ban LFG bots.

2 Likes

Maybe expand the whole thing not just to LFG I know classic has a massive botting / rmt issue so hiring specifically to handle all the reports coming in and send the data to the hacks team may help. Relays if you will. That way thier warden systems can be adjusted.

Also I think people caught buying gold should be put in the middle of org / stormwind with a tomato box beside them and we throw tomatoes at em. Ffxiv has a actually jail, we can too. The humiliation would be worse and now that the community knows, it’s even more of a driving hit against it.

1 Like

Depends on how you look at it. Bots and RMT advertising will never go away. We know this. But hiding them immediately hampers them as well. Cant buy products you can’t see.

I’d say the addon is almost more efficient in those terms. But yet again, if someone wants to buy a boost, they’ll find a way. If someone wants to ignore them, they’ll just ignore them

1 Like

I can take a screenshot of my raid LFG right now. Basically there’s 2 for the world bosses and about 7 are gold/RMT boost spammers. There were no actual legitimate raid groups. I don’t see the spam since I have an LFGFilter addon but it’s just one click to see what the LFG is like without it enabled. It’s a seriously bad look for anyone who is interested in playing WoW but doesn’t use spam-blocker addons. Frankly it’s an indictment of the Blizz management team to let this stuff go on. The whole “authenticator” thing did nothing in the end.

3 Likes

My thing more is the addon doesn’t send a report to the company.

Now if the addon did that, I would be all for it. That’s why I don’t like the addon is cause no rmt reports are sent or excessive spamming. And you’re right people will find a way and I’m not against boosting for gold. My thing is the spam and all the ways they get around ignore, spam reports, and addons to the point of you are forced to leave a default chat channel. I also don’t report boosters that post 1 add maybe every 5 minutes either. If it’s 1 add maybe 2 every 5 ish minutes ok that’s not too spammy. But 20 with every 1 minute then they rotate accounts / make new macros its crazy.

1 Like

Because not all of it is RMT. If you have an issue seeing them, solve your own problem. That’s not Blizzard’s job to do. Turn off chat or use the addon.

If people want to expose themselves to getting banned for RMT, let them. Best news I’ve heard if they get what’s coming to them. And that’s how they catch the people selling RMT, too.

If people continue to expect Blizzard to solve their problems for them, then we end up with stuff like the authenticator requirements.

You are dealing with a symptom and not the root problem.

People buy carries because they can and need them. If content was more accessible and also didn’t have unique and, worse, FOMO/limited time rewards, far less people would be interested in wasting IRL money or even gold on it.

If solo casuals could use valor to increment their gear up to mythic raid level slowly over time, if KSM didn’t have a mount attached to it, if there was a smart queue for keys and keys didn’t deplete for failing, and a host of other ideas I’m not going to waste time typing out, you wouldn’t see people “having” to turn to paying people near to the degree as you do now.

Blizzard knows what they are doing…they are and have been in bed with “professional” gaming organizations and the tryhard no life community for ages now and they directly benefit from token sales. The game has steadily gotten WAY harder to play over time despite the claims for how “easy” it is…there is absolutely no arguing that, mechanically, vanilla and BC dungeon and raid bosses and classes are legit harder than retail. Hell, in BC my first raid leader was a BM hunter who LITERALLY did his entire effing rotation by scrolling his mouse wheel…no spec can come anywhere near that easy today.

In any event though, Blizzard has next to no incentive to do more than pay lip service to dealing with boosters so long as it is done via gold/tokens. Even the Blizzard president himself is an avid booster.

4 Likes

only issue i really have with boosts: the adverts lol keep the adverts in trade chat, and im fine <3 ignoring is not a solution, it just hides the spammers. reporting is the only solution for it gives blizz data. keep spam in trade, and we are cool <3

Why do ppl care so much about this? I literally dont even notice lfg spam

I put in a key level to filter my search and just ignore what i dont want to deal with.

My alt warrior just climbed the ranks up to ksm so went from 0’s to 15’s and i didnt even notice spam

lfg spam in high pop servers in tbc