WoW cosmology: Inexplicable

Dear Blizzard / Chris Metzen / Lorekeepers,

After giving 14+ years to WoW. all i have to say is “Wow, what a journey it has been !!”

Thank you for the wonderful book called Chronicle 1 that has a lot of stories that we already appreciated in the novels and other wow literature published earlier and much much more.

I am here to report a rather curious anomaly that I found rather strange. In your page no. 8 (Chronicle 1) Chart that illustrates Introduction to Cosmology, I found something inexplicable.

If I consider Holy (Light) to be North (The Naaru) and Shadow Void (Shadow) to be the South (Void Lords), Nature-Wild Golds appears on the North West ( Life) while Fel- Burning Legion is appearing on the North west (Disorder).

I propose that the inner circle (Life-Disorder-Death-Order) and corresponding inner details be rotated clockwise by 90 degrees to make more sense. In this way, negative forces will stay close to the South (Void-death- Fel) and positive will stay grouped towards the North (Life-Light-Arcane). Order-Arcane-The Titans to North-West of the Cosmology chart and Life-Nature-Wild Gods to North east of the chart. Similarly. Death-Necromantic-Undead will move towards South West and Disorder-Fel-The Burning Legion would appear South East.

The advantages of this arrangement is as follows:-

1. there is no change on the lore or the wow world at all.
  2. the positive sides (Order-arcane-titans) and (Life-Nature-wild Gods) stay close to positive side of things aka North (Light-Holy-The Naaru) and similarly negative forces (Death-Necromantic-Undead) and (Disorder-Fel-The Burning Legion) will stay close to the negative side of things aka South ((Shadow-Shadow void- The Void Lords).
  3. If modified accordingly, the entire chart including the deep interiors (fire-spirit-water-spirit- earth-decay-air), will start to make more sense.
  4. Life and Necromantic remain polar opposite to each other as destined… and so on.
  5. Similarly, the elements: spirit, fire, air, decay, earth and water may also rotate by 90 degrees clockwise and stay with their native category as designed.

If Blizzard and Loremakers, do not agree with this arrangement, I will look forward to their comments and a reasoning to keep Fel-The burning Legion-Disorder close to the Light side (North) and vice versa.

(although the interface for writing the post includes ‘add hyperlink’ but unfortunately I am unable to add any links to Imgur images. It gives me error “you can’t add links to the post”. So please bear with me. I am unable to reply to the topic also.

Thanks and best regards

Sugandh (Bhairavi, Ritu and 12 other toons)

2 Likes

There is no meaning to the positioning of everything on the image. It’s just so it looks eye-catching.

2 Likes

Well, other than certain forces being on opposite sides of one another.

Light and Shadow, Order and Disorder, Life and Death are clearly opposites for a reason.

5 Likes

Reignac , if there is no meaning to the positioning of everything THEN WHY provide an image? And that it is eye-catching? Really? Bhairavi has explained in a very systematic and logical way to help people who READ the post understand what he referring to and how this error/misprint/misunderstanding/short-sightedness can be corrected.
In the current cosmology of the World of Warcraft the positioning of each category - Life, Disorder, Death, and Order - is rotating around the axis of Light and Shadow. LOOK at the image properly to understand what Bhairavi is talking about.
It does not make sense that Order would sit next to the Shadow or that Disorder would be next to the Light. Going by this current cosmology logic the Titans are partially evil/shadow while the demons are partially good/light.
By rotating clockwise by 90 degrees the representation of these categories the cosmology will make sense about the placement of these forces in the World of Warcraft.
This way Vespero the opposites are maintained along with the elemental forces that inhabit in between all these categories.
Go check out a very well made colorful image of the current cosmology of the World of Warcraft in Icy Veins site.
I would like to understand from the forum admins why I cannot give a hyperlink to an image or site where the image is? If you have disabled the hyperlink option then please remove it from the available options for making these messages.

Because they thought one looked cool. That’s it.

1 Like

There is meaning, the light and void both together made fel, they together made everything

It’s none of those things, it just looks cool and if you have even the most basic level of reading comprehision, you can figure what blizzard was going for. Sometimes people really do overthink the hell out of things that don’t need fixing.

Just looking at the chart, it’s super easy to read and understand, on the top you have the Light and the bottom is Shadow, than there’s Life on one side and Disorder right across from it, than Order and Death across from that. What is hard to read about that?

The forces aren’t inherently positive or negative, they just are.