WoW console port

There is a console port add-on. I know some folks have had success with it. There are YouTube videos of folks using console port in high rated arenas and PVE.

You don’t even need the addon anymore, they added native controller support.

Isn’t the native one though done by the /commands?

The add-on makes it pretty and easier I thought?

Well, if Ion says so, it must be set in stone then. Unfortunate!

That I couldn’t tell you, I just remember them saying that the game would now work with a controller without needing to download anything extra. You could be right. Either way though, you can use a controller, but that has no bearing on whether or not it would actually come to consoles or not.

Why when they added console controller support for the game with this expansion in 9.0.1

you think the pc players are toxic wait till the console players get wow.

2 Likes

I want to increase the toxicity of our cities, our cities!

1 Like

It was July 2020. But in that same interview Euripidies quoted, Hight also said this:

https://www.eurogamer.net/blizzard-explains-whats-going-on-with-controller-support-in-world-of-warcraft-shadowlands

No. Get a PC.

3 Likes

You don’t have to game on PC. WoW has a Mac port.

Semantics.

But have you ever played a fully functional wow experience in bed? Obviously not :joy:

I think WoW is going this direction. You can see it with the action bar pruning. Look at the amount of skills in Classic vs Dragonflight for combat.

Honestly I would love to have a best parts of God of War, Witcher 3, Red Read Redemption, Assassins Creed, Ghosts of Tsushima style of game in the Warcraft world to play on console.

The only PC games I have really played in my Life with any seriousness are EQ, WOW, Old School Command and Conquer and the Warcraft RTS. Everything else has been console.

PC Master Race.

I Play wow on my steamdeck while not at home and it work amazing with consoleport addon…
So you Do have a option to Play wow on a “console” as of today

2 Likes

they broke console port support with this new update can you please fix asap

wouldnt it be uncomfortable to play it on controller tho ?

I would not mind playing on PS5 or Series X, but I would be ecstatic if they made it run on Nintendo Switch which can run wow. Just having a simple portable wow for me when I am out of town working would be so aweome. Yeah I could buy a Laptop for that, but I already have a Switch,Series X, and a PS5.