WoW Companion - not compatible? Yes it is!

I have a brand new phone. It’s a 64 bit phone- we double verified that. Galaxy A13 5G, model SM-S136DL. 64 gig storage (easily can fit the storage), ARM Cortex 2.20GHz, around 4gig ram. I meet all requirements. By all measures, WoW Companion should be an option to download from Google Play.

And yet it tells me it’s not compatible. I checked all requirements. It meets them all handily. Where do I go from here?

Any software/OS updates done?

1 Like

Yes- all updates have been done.

I recommend moving this to the Technical Support forum. You can click the pencil icon on your post and change the forum.

Given the expiration flag, I judge this thread probably already started in Tech?

And back again.

Done as advised- thank you!

1 Like

But since this is a mobile issue, they could also post in the Mobile Bug Report forum.

I’m not sure how merely doing a bug report will get me an answer on how to proceed.

I do see Blizz responses to quite a few of the posts in the Mobile Bug Report forum.

Couldn’t hurt to ask there for help at least.

For now- I’d like to see this remain in tech support as it feels the most relevant area. If a moderator or someone in charge of such deems it to go elsewhere, in the name of helping me with the issue, so be it- it would be nice were it explained, rather than just moved.

And it’s a stock OS on the phone, that isn’t some custom rom, that isn’t rooted/jailbroken and is up to date as in Android 11 or 12? Oh and are you logged into a legit Google account, in order to even be able to download things?

This post should be in the #support:mobile-bug-report forum.

The Technical Support forum is for the live WoW game clients, not the mobile companion app. We deal with issues downloading, loading, patching, or playing the live game.

Additionally, the staff doesn’t forward info from here to developers (their words). Creating a new post in #support:mobile-bug-report is the best chance to reach developer eyeballs and possibly receive an explanation.

Edit: The MediaTek Dimensity 700 processor may not offer the functionality required for the app, whereas the Apple A-series, Samsung Exynos series, or Qualcomm Snapdragon processors do.

3 Likes

What this tells me, and I can still submit this to bug reports- is that the requirements listed are either not exact, as some processers that meet the specs do not offer the functionality, as you said, or that there are additional requirements. That’s a little more than a bug report. That’s incorrect information for the product.

There are thousands of mobile processors available in today’s market, and unlike the standards of Intel vs AMD, I think it would be impossible to provide a satisfying answer on that support doc for the processor requirement. That said, the processor isn’t the issue.

I was able to investigate this further—with some help from a friendly tech support rep—and determined this phone model’s operating system does not meet the requirements for the app. Diablo players were also running into this issue, and the staff addressed it:

Samsung Galaxy A13 and A13 5G devices will unfortunately not be supported with Diablo Immortal due to a 32-bit limitation on their Android operating software.
Source: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/blizzard/t/diablo-immortal-hot-fix-updates-latest-update-6162222/23544

Samsung chose a 32-bit version of Android for this phone model, and the WoW Companion app requires 64-bit Android. That’s why Google Play told you it’s not compatible. This limitation is listed by Blizzard on Google Play in the app details:

Note: support for 32-bit builds has been discontinued
Source: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.blizzard.wowcompanion

The staff added this info to the Battlenet support doc for more visibility, but there’s no way to force it to work on that phone model.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.