WoW Companion App Not Updated

The WoW Companion app is displaying the message “A newer version of the app is available, please update.” However when I open the Apple App Store on my iPhone it does show an update available for that application on my device.

4 Likes

I’m going to presume you mean it does not show an update option.

Have you tried uninstalling and downloading it again? Probably best to restart your mobile device before the download, just to be safe.

It is also possible that the app development team needs time to push the updated files to the app store (or the app store update to reflect the new files) as it is likely tied to today’s patch and new content.

Yes. You are correct in that presumption. The app does not appear in my list of pending updates.

I have not tried that option. I normally would not have to. The update would import my latest login data so I would not need to futz with finding my authenticator and doing a fresh login after the update. Consequently it would be my last resort.

Realm status is showing all the servers are still down, so I’m guessing they are waiting to push the update to the app store until after they are brought back up.

I have tried this, without the restart, twice both times it just redownloaded the old version.

I was having the same issue - I uninstalled the app, restarted my iphone, then I re-downloaded the app. Worked perfectly after that.

It finally showed up in my list this morning. Did the standard update and it opened right up. Thanks, Blizz!

For Android I just looked in Google Play (3:25 PDT) and still only the BFA (old) version

1 Like

I am still showing the old version for the Android as well.

1 Like