WoW Companion App Fatal Error - Crash Details

Typical use of the app is daily. Was getting the fatal error when opening the app this morning.

First I uninstalled and reinstalled the app. I was able to log in and use the character missions as normal. Both my priest and paladin completed all quests and sent out new missions without issue.

My DH was able to complete some of the missions, but the mission “Maw: Breach the Planes” causes a fatal error when the environment ability goes off. Player turn occurs without issue. Enemy turn occurs without issue. Environment turn causes a crash.

At this point, the app throws a fatal error when attempting to start and requires a reinstallation to open up.

This error occurs with both the minimum asset package and the full asset package installed.

3 Likes

Similar issue. Sent my top 5 on the Stygian quest, “Coalescing Stygia”, prior to the 9.1 patch. 9.1 patch occurred, logged into companion app, tried to complete the quest, has a fatal error, restarts the app. After this, without an app restart, it won’t let me complete the quest. With a restart, it fatal errors again.

I’ve submitted a ticket to customer support, which was sent back to me as “this should be an easy fix, follow these guides”. None of the guides were for the companion app or addressed the issue, so I reopened the ticket and haven’t heard anything back (it’s been 3 days). In the meantime, I’m unable to play on the companion app (my primary mode of play since finishing CD raiding) and may churn from this expansion given the abrupt interruption of my chosen way to play the game (for now). Hope this gets fixed at some point!

1 Like