WoW Companion App Error -- June 29, 2021

Fatal error here. That’s after an uninstall and reinstall.

1 Like

I tried the uninstall/reinstall yesterday and it worked once, but then every time I have tried since, I get the fatal error. Samsung Galaxy S10+

Hope you guys can fix soon!

2 Likes

Agreed, I love doing missions on my app when I can’t access the game.

1 Like

Any updates for us Blizzard? It’s been many many hours and no updates for all of us locked out and the workarounds don’t work

1 Like

Also having the same issue without meeting the Blue post criteria. Uninstalling and reinstalling worked for one use and now back to the fatal error whenever I try to launch.

3 Likes

same thing goes for me, the app give “Fatal Error” message every time I dismiss the apps in my phone, so I need to keep uninstalling and reinstalling the app, every time I need to check or open the mission table…

1 Like

Same as a bunch of other people, I get a Fatal Error message every time I open the app. Uninstalling and redownloading doesn’t work, it instantly gives me a “Fatal Error” every time I launch the app.

I first downloaded the app the night before 9.1 came out (I hadn’t heard of it before then). I’m using a Samsung Galaxy S9, and it meets the system requirements for the app.

I hadno accounts listed after tapping the login button. Would get a fatal error if I tried to add an account. After switching regions and closing out the app a few times, it finally worked.

iPad mini user here

I am still getting the fatal error as well. I am uninstalling and reinstalling to even get the app to open. It appears to be linked to the soul ash missions. I have about 4 of them that I am unable to complete and get the reward for. They show complete on my screen, but it won’t let me get the reward.

Where are we at with the fix for the app?

Yep, this is the same for me, too. It works once, and then “fatal error” occurs again and again. I also don’t meet the user profiles they state this happens for.

Had an update (through the app, not the app store - android user) this morning. Haven’t needed to re-install or had a fatal error.

Hope it fixes it for everyone else.

I have tried logging into Europe and then back to Americas
I have uninstalled and reinstalled
Same thing - app bricks (freezes)when I hit log in
If I try to go Account Selection the app bricks
If I try to go account selection and select my account - it bricks
If I restart the iPhone and try to log in…it stays on log in screen until it times out
I also tried doing the basic 74Mb install and the extended install, all with the above mentioned work arounds…still nothing…
I know that the developers have worked hard on this, but come on, release a roll back or at least tell us your working on it

1 Like

I’ve got 5 followers stuck on a mission that keeps getting a fatal error when I try to end it by skipping combat…anyone else hitting it here?

I live overseas (Thailand), but the WoW app works fine for me; however, when I loaded it on my wife’s iPhone, the fatal error occurred repeatedly. Eventually, I discovered that the app only works if the cellphone is set to a supported language, e.g. English. When I set her iPhone to English (from Thai), the app loaded just fine and worked as normal. Nonetheless, when I set her phone back to Thai, the app failed again. So, I suspect the app can only run if one’s cellphone language is set to one of the supported languages listed in the app. The region seemed to have no impact, only the phone language.

Hi Amnaad,

Thank you for the report. Can you check to see if your device calendar is set to Gregorian? To do this on iOS:

• Go to the Settings app
  • Go to General
  • Go to Language & Region
  • Look for the Calendar setting. You may have to tap it to see what it is set to depending on device model/OS version.

Your app is still horribly broken and has been so for weeks for me. It worked well for months and months, but then one day when I went to log in (Use my Apple I.D.), I always get this error: “Your request could ne be completed because of an error. Please try again later.” I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app a number of times…

STILL BROKEN. THIS IS SUCH HORSE S…
FIX THIS! HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING AND STILL CAN’T ACCESS APP.
IT’S SAD BECAUSE OF WORK AND SCHOOL, APP IS THE ONLY WAY TO STAY IN THE GAME

AND THIS DOESNT EVEN LET ME POST… SO SICK OF THIS WORKING POORLY[quote=“Kaivax, post:1, topic:1013727, full:true”]
The WoW companion app is now available for update to 9.1 in the Google and iOS stores and should be working for most players who were previously/recently using the app, but we have come across an issue where attempting to Add an Account results in the app encountering a fatal error. This error may occur for Android users who have updated the app from version 9.0.5 to version 9.1 and:

• Have not yet logged into the app on their chosen WoW account and are therefore attempting to add a new WoW account.
  • Haven’t logged into the app in a very long time, or for other reasons their WoW account is not pre-populated in the account list and must be added.

We will fix this bug as quickly as possible. Until then, players can bypass the error by uninstalling and reinstalling the app (rather than updating from 9.0.5 to 9.1) and then log in as expected.
[/quote]

Here’s a thought, Blizzard… Just like in WoW for the past 10 years:

LEARN TO FIX YOUR STUFF BEFORE YOU PUT IT OUT! You run your apps as badly as you develop your game.

2 Likes

I still can not use it. Every time I try to log in, I respond to my authenticator prompt and then the app redirects me to “this site can’t be reached” page error…

I’m finally able to add my account. I did not experience this “Fatal Error” and I did have the latest version. 9.2.7.45046, Android Vers 9. However, i have not really made any progress as now I still cannot use the app. I cannot select any of my characters. Says there is a newer version available in the app store. Last time I re-installed I had to go thrugh the same inability where I couldn’t add my account. Took 3 days for this issue to “magically” resolve.

Seems like there is a good 10% of player base unable to use the companion app. Probably a good 15% more that look at these posts and don’t bother or just use the in-game access.

1 Like