WoW Companion app Error 74600104

I am trying to use WoW Companion app on my Samsung A72 Android device, every other Blizzard app/product including newest Warcraft Rumble works totally fine except Companion app, i have ongoing sub too, so that is not the issue, i even tried my relatives phone to log in except got exact same error saying:
“An error occurred
while authenticating
your account: 74600104. If this
persists, please
contact Customer
Service.”

Here is recap.
So i did contact with EU Customer Service, since my main account is there Europe region and i did not bought game again at US/Americas & Oceanic region, at first response GM said alongside my main The War Within Account, i had 2 extra “starter accounts” which might interfere with app and cause problems therefore suggested me to delete those, which i did then tried to connect, didn’t work got same 74600104 error, then they sent me to this article which i done multiple times https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/000177501 before and after doing starter account removal process. still no progress achieved and did not resolve the issue.

after couple back and forth with support we ended up in loop of “Have you tried closing off and opening on again?” meme (which above article pretty much is the meme itself, even though just for good measure i did every single step or suggested solutions as costumer capable of, EU support must be lacking tools to fix this issue they insist me to get in US forums and post my issue here.

dilemma here is since i am from EU and my all progress/accounts everything on that region in order to submit this forum is either buy the game and subscription just to find solution to my issue or level to 10 on the exact “starter accounts” they wanted me to delete at first place. i am submitting this from Trial account therefore i cannot remove trial acc without losing access to reply on US forums.

Now Here is bunch of “Non-personal” personal info about my issue, this was response to that article up above asking step by step troubleshooting

"After deleting WoW 2 and WoW3 trial accounts, i did remove the companion app including cache and downloaded data and then made fresh install just for good measure, unfortunately this 74600104 code error still persists.
the second link you(i am talking to GM’s here about this article https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/000177501) sent for troubleshoot also took me nowhere,

1. Companion App is up to date with 10.2.0.51821 version.
  2. Samsung Android system says there is no permissions unallowed(blocked) or allowed, to begin with, app did not ask any permissions since i couldnt log in (therefore notifications etc. are in default setting).
  3. brand new operating systems does not require restart, but still did it just to be safe.
  4. i did app data and cache flush/clear multiple times and did brand new fresh download/install from android playstore. both full asset download and not.
  5. Wow companion app starts at americas and oceanic region on default i do change it where my account is Europe.
  6. Done, didnt help.
  7. Wifi or mobile phone data connection made no differences, i even used someone elses mobile phone with different service provider still gives same 74600104 code.
  8. troubleshooting links for device’s support page does not leads to fixes for this blizzard account based issue, like i said every other game/product works totally fine ONLY Companion app has this issue. my and other phone way above the requirements Samsung A72 (my phone) has latest Stable Android Version of 13 for Samsung devices currently (outside of beta 14).
  9. step 4 and 6 already asks this, which i done it multiple times, have done anyways again."

The response to this was “have you tried to follow our troubleshooting article ? again ? :)” with zero effort like mockery.
so after this paragraphs is there anyway to fix my issue ?

I have app on a real old phone.
The app works to see my friends, but not much else, because I do not have paid time.
I am also here in US where my account is.

Maybe you need to be in the EU area to use the app for the EU system.
Sorry not much help from me.
Good luck.

1 Like

i might be made it confusing while carried on ranting little bit :sweat_smile: i am currently and i have been living Europe rest of my life, this US - EU regional conflict only matters because EU forums does not have support channel for Mobile Bug Report, and Ticket support redirects EU costumers like me in to US forums.

Thank you though i suspect this is account related issue and only can be helped through “dev tools” etc. someone with permission to such things, that is why i am frustrated, instead of deep diving and checking they sent me to forums. only hope maybe some bluepost will come in this thread, otherwise i doubt this will resolve by community. thanks again though.

1 Like