WoW Companion App crashing

Is there anything we can do about the Mobile WoW Companion App crashing?

I’m assuming since it’s been a month since the last update, there’s nothing we can do to fix the bugs and crashing?

EDIT: A little more information. I tried turning off download assets, I tried reinstalling the app multiple times, I can’t figure out how to “clear the cache” but now it won’t even let me select an account.

It’s gotten so bad I can’t even get past the log in process. Just keeps looping back to “SELECT ACCOUNT” and I click my account and it just repeats it again.

Kiss it goodbye?

Technically it’s not dead yet. But don’t expect heroic measures from the Blizzard Mobile dev team.

You fail to mention some critical info necessary for any attempt to help.

What device, and what operating system?

An Apple iPhone 12 with up to date software. iOS 17.4.1

EDIT: Yeah I figured there’s nothing we can do to fix it. Most likely suffering stability issues because they aren’t keeping it updated. Thanks for the response though man!

Whatever they did in maintenance today must have broken it. I’ve been using it 4-5x a day for years, and it worked just fine even this morning. After maintenance it hasn’t worked at all.

Yeah same here. It was nice being able to get all my shopping done outside of the game but I guess that era is over now.

I had no idea you could do Draenor Garrison stuff with it though! I missed out lol

This app literally made me play again recently out of convenience. Ill skip next expac simply due to its removal.

Was working fine til this morning, broke suddenly w/ account loop fiasco.

Blizzard needs to show they actually give af nowadays.

It seems they just fixed the app this morning. It is working again for me.

This app kept me feeling like I could still participate in WoW even when I was crazy busy. It’s nice to log in, check the AH and do a few companion missions in between meetings at work. For me it’s a huge loss and I’m not sure I will continue subscribing after it is discontinued. Sad day. :frowning:

My app keeps crashing today. IoS version is up to date.

1 Like

happens on Android devices too

Mine semi-works. I can log into all my toons EXCEPT ones on Dalaran. Which bites because that’s where most of them are. I tried reloading the app but made no difference. :see_no_evil::speak_no_evil::hear_no_evil:
Forgot: Android machines both Samsung phone and Tablet.

It just broke again after maintenance on Tuesday. I can access my horde characters on Duskwood in the app but it crashes every time I try any of my Alliance characters on Icecrown. Given the app is going away in 6 weeks it’s unlikely they’ll bother to fix it.

Unfortunately I agree, it’s probably gonna stay this way. Did more testing and it works for my toons on Thrall, Bonechewer, Eitrigg and Rivendare but not on Dalaran and Suramar. Must be some “connected realms” complication. :hear_no_evil::speak_no_evil::see_no_evil:

2 Likes

Same… and I’ve tried doing all options to fit it and still crashes…