Wow community council question

Ok so whats the point of them? every WoW council person i have seen as been low lvl or on some low geared toon. yet they are suppose to represent players? like how do we the community suppose to know who they are if they hide behind said things?

I have also seen many of them trolling and such. like whats the point of them and how are they actually decided because i would think they would be required to be on mains who actively play not random lvl 15 mages in a “insert inappropriate word here” mog or 60 at 226 Ilvl with zero progression anywhere at all.

8 Likes

I think it’s much better and more comfortable leading to a conducive atmosphere in which to speak by using an alt. Don’t need the idjits in game or gd to give them a hard time.

7 Likes

issue is they seem to come off as people who dont play much with that. and normally we want someone who plays the game allot to be in the council not someone who does what the trolls and anti WoW doom and gloom posters do and hid behind low lvl or alts.

4 Likes

Put me on this community council. I’ve a career in politics, I will represent the common man.

#VoteReno2020

16 Likes

i would like someone who isnt ilvl 190 lol.

2 Likes

To get a weird color and feel superior to the other forum goers.

4 Likes

They don’t. I looked at the application, in short, they are vetted pretty well.

Their profiles, who they are, what they’ve accomplished is researched as well. They just don’t pick anyone.

2 Likes

I assure you, that you do not.

The council is meant to cover all aspects of the game, not just Mythic raiding.

Item level of a forum toon is irrelevant to someone’s knowledge of the game.

Raiding and high end PvP are the two most visible areas of the game, and Blizzard gets loads of feedback on those already from the people who do them. The rest of the game needs to have representation too.

7 Likes

Vote me for community council

I will provide a unique, hateful, and pessimistic perspective the council has been missing :sunglasses:

I will trash this game in shiny yellow text

4 Likes

doesnt feel vetter as then also take aprt in trolling and doom and gloom responses.

1 Like

I’ll run as your vp.

#votecorruptionn.

2 Likes

the Idea is i want someone who has power over other plays to well play the game. not be 226 (which is minimum ilvl rn as you can buy 226 gear) and im not asking for mythic raiding uber tier just someone who obviously at least plays the game or looks like they do.
or lvl 10 random toons.

Well, I can’t say for sure but Blizzard created that council and now I am getting:

Talent trees!
Increased level cap!
Chromie time extended to lvl 60!
Ability to transmog whites and greys
Expansion with the focus on exploring!
Customizable dragon mount!
New way to fly!
A setting created especially for flying!

And more!

It seems like every day they come out with something new that tickles my fancy!

Now I am not saying it is all due to the council but I think having a place Blizzard employees could go to read player opinion without having to wade thru a bunch of whining and vitriol helped.

2 Likes

of course you do - I wouldn’t though - too shy, I’d never post here using it - too show-offey

The community needs a candidate who knows how to get first place in the clown shoes section of the Transmog Event.

Raiders are a dime-a-dozen.

3 Likes

is that the council or the devs just making things that are cool and allot of the devs leaving that were bad? aka microsoft :stuck_out_tongue:

To be fair, I would keep my community council persona separate from my normal persona by posting on an unconnected classic toon.

The reason for this is because if I was posting on the council forums I would be giving people a voice I might not agree with because that’s the job. I don’t necessarily want to do that on my main. But also I don’t want random people contacting me in game or throwing a tantrum at me existing on the forums on my main.

1 Like

They said this came from the success of classic

These were pretty much a given

I think this one is just blizzard

Might be them, but I think they’ve known the community position on flying for years

These 2 I could see going either way

2 Likes

if they couldnt do that then maybe its time to rework the forums and counsil if they have to hide etc.

1 Like