WoW coming to next gen consoles

LOL whatever helps you sleep at night

I mean, this was a choice by the developers. They wanted people to play their game and not have addons that potentially make the community worse like dps meters.

As for abilities, do you know how many abilities each class has in FFXIV? With the exception of 1, every class in FFXIV has at least 2 full bars of abilities that are used on a regular basis.

Based on FFXIV, and the fact that they’ve added native controller support to WoW with SL, I would it’s very viable.

R1 + Square/Triangle/Circle/X
R2 + Square/Triangle/Circle/X
L1 + Square/Triangle/Circle/X
L2 + Square/Triangle/Circle/X
Square/Triangle/Circle/X

20 keybinds right there.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s really not as complicated as people are trying to make it out to be

Don’t you guys have phones?

The majority of the consoles you can plug-in keyboard and mouse

Honestly they be foolish not to

1 Like

Is your source the same source where they outright said in the last investors meeting they will be brining Warcraft to more platforms? Mobiles and consoles are kinda the only other platforms they could be talking about.

We have multiple initiatives under way to ensure players can continue to experience the magical Warcraft on a more consistent basis in our more platforms than ever before. - Activision Blizzard Q4 2020 Earnings Call Transcript

I mean its a short leap to think they would port it to consoles GGG did it with path of exile (quite successfully). It does mean that content will have to be more “action based” to be successful across platforms… not really that big of a deal considering thats where wow has been heading anyway.

I’m not sure where they heard it, but they have been very reliable to me in the past.

No I mean you can literally google it, the quote I posted is verbatim what they said.

Thanks, but I never said anything about abilities and I do play.

Seeing how they are currently operating I’d say it wasn’t a choice for the good of the players but out of convince. They spin a lot of their lazy choices as being for your own good, like wow and other MMOs but they are the most blatant.

It wasn’t a comment in reference to you. I just didn’t feel like quoting a bunch of people.

Edit: How is saying “We don’t want you to mod our game because it may cause some hostility in the community” a lazy choice?

My bad, I’ll try not to be so nippy. It’s easy to make assumptions without the other quotes.

Your source lied to you.

I was giving a basic control scheme - yes you could do combo button presses… to me that isn’t really the issue - most basic rotations only need 6 to 8 keys on the outside - with a few CDs that you use as Defensives.

I would say that the a bigger problem would be more along the lines of developing a better way of selecting targets with a controller - especially if your a healer. The current non-cursor option is tab targeting.

Example - 80 man attack on Stormwind from a Horde PVP group looking to do the achievement - two seperate 40 man raids… how do you heal that without a mouse?

Hey y’all. It’s me. Ya boy Thunder-fizzy with another inside scoop on WoW.

My source (same one who gave me the scoop on McDonalds secret menu) has informed me that Blizz will not be announcing WoW coming to next gen consoles later this year. Controller support is being implemented simply for disability support.

Dont bother to stay tuned, there is no more info

2 Likes

Wasn’t reliable about SL delay til 2021, due to COVID and civil unrest. That was all false.

I think your source is full of hooey.

1 Like

Read everything. K thanks.

I don’t play with controller, but I would assume that FFXIV has figured this out at least some what as it’s had console support for a while now.

Maybe if there was a Warcraft-universe FPS, but I can’t see it working as MMORPG with so many action bar buttons to click on an XBOX controller.

Will only be cool if it has full cross play support like COD.

That would be epic

1 Like