WoW Classic Version 1.13.7 PTR is Now Available

People are already discovering disastrous side effects of this change for PvP balance: https://youtu.be/2V0re2EevI0?t=473

I mean yeah it would be pretty terrible if it made it to live servers like that, (being unable to act or move directly after a CC effect has ended on you) but that’s the point of it being on the PTR is it not? This batching change is a large fundamental change to the way the game is played as you’ve said, so unintended behaviour like this is going to emerge.

1 Like

idk blizzard doesn’t always fix these sorts of things

"This batching change is a large fundamental change to the way the game is played"

Yes, and very few of the ignorant mob who have been calling for this understand the implications.

1. 400ms batch window is accurate to vanilla, tbc, wotlk, cata, and mop. Only in wod did Blizzard introduce 1ms-10ms response for servers.

2. This drastic change is shocking not only in terms of bugs it will introduce, but also in terms of how it will upset class balance on a fundamental level. In particular, this is a MASSIVE BUFF for the classes which are ALREADY THE STRONGEST. Are you willing to live with that? Are you willing to live with it if it prompts Blizzard to make further changes to classes in order to compensate?

3. Making a change to the game which is this fundamental, bringing in retail server behavior to classic which never worked that way, will greatly accelerate the erosion of the game and signal a willingness to make other drastic retail-like changes.

Just a reminder for those on this forum or who are monitoring this subject: Get onto the PTR and test the changes. It takes less than 1 minute to get it set up. Select from battle.net app under the drop-down box and select PTR Classic.

Copy over a character and test the features. Then come back to the forum and provide your thoughts. It’ll be much more valuable then speculation.

elemental mastery still works :+1:

1 Like

Yup this is actually a bug that is fixed in TBC, not a spell bashing issue.

I’m 100% ok with it and able to live with the changes. I’m also 100% able to live without the changes. Lets not take the game too seriously.

Right on! stoked!

Thanks for the Andonisus, Reaper of Souls Easter egg, that sword is awesome.

https:// imgur. com/a/hyCvuCE

There was 4 lootable runic demonic swords yesterday around catapults at SW entrance, 12 hours later they still havent respawned, do they only appear on server/weekly restart?

The game was not really true to vanilla in many ways ever since its release. This change just fortifies the paid pserver experience even further. Cause thats what classic is. A pserver you pay 15 bucks a month for, with some better security.

There’s nothing stopping them from fixing this. They ARE using the Legion client, so it’s within their capability to modify these problems out. It’s clear the playerbase wants changes going forward when/if Burning Crusade happens.

1 Like

No, I don’t want changes for TBC, I want as faithful a reproduction as possible.

And that includes spell batching, for all the cool Rogue tricks in PvP.

Just like it was in all the Rogue PvP videos I watched growing up.

Long overdue change, should be made live asap.

3 Likes

I’m super happy for this change. Believe it or not, not all shamans spec into deep ele and pvp.

I wouldn’t mind the spell bashing we had from Vanilla to MoP, unfortunately the spell bashing we have in Classic is inferior and emulated (a WoW Classic dev did say it was emulated), it introduced issues never encountered with the original spell bashing so I don’t want that crap in WoW. Original spell bashing never caused issues with interrupts and never introduced arbitrary delays like you can find on Traps, Execute other trigger abilities so it has to go away, it’s a crappy version. If you find bugs just report them.

It absolutely did:

https://i.imgur.com/VdquPga.png

My god you take everything at face value and can’t do nuances based on previous information…sigh, old spell bashing was good enough to not cause interrupt issues like it does now, do you understand what I’m saying or it’s not nuanced enough? Do I have to repeat myself again or you just gonna ignore and forget everything we tell you?

I don’t care what you tell me; the facts are the facts.

Ok, clearly you are too thick headed and close minded, you are not constructive at all, good bye.