WoW Classic Version 1.13.7 PTR is Now Available

I can’t feel the batch window. Sorry I’m a bad player :frowning:

I also play from Asia with pings from 250ms to 450ms. If you remove leeway, i’m Fked. Without it, I will have to predict enemies’ movement 250ms before it happens.

1 Like

You have no idea what you are talking about… :rofl:
The higher batching was not RNG it was an increased skillcap that could be used/abused if you knew how to use that mechanic
Now you will constantly get caught in random cc with not counterplay other than luck

Yep, people seem to think they have 0ms reaction time and are gods at the game when it is not even possible.
Even if you predict something and try to react to it you are not guaranteed to counter it, very competitive…

Surely if TBC arenas are coming and this is a change to make that competitive then a higher batching window would make the most sense and not 10ms batches

2 Likes

I consistently use and abuse batching every time I pvp, so can confirm it is consistently reproducible.

Batching is not RNG, but it effectively feels like RNG from the perspecitve of a player.

Say a mage starts casting a 1.5 second Polymorph. Let’s say spell batching windows resolve after 0.3, 0.7, 1.1 and 1.5 seconds into the cast. If I drop a grounding totem or cast Earth Shock on the mage in that 1.1 to 1.5 second window, I eat the polymorph anyways.

Compare and contrast having that window resolve at say 1.09 and 1.49 seconds into the cast. I no longer eat the polymorph even though I countered it in the same timeframe.

The first window “robbed” me of 400 ms of potential reaction time. It feels like RNG (even if it isn’t) and well “bull feces” from the perspective of the player because they can’t control the batching windows, the server does. Any time you attempt to interrupt a spell or heal someone before they die, doing it 400 ms before the end of the cast or before the next damage intake is effectively rolling the dice that the server tick is in your favour.

3 Likes

What a few people seem to have missed is that this update regarding seal twisting isn’t a Change it is actually finally a much anticipated and long awaited Fix… the reality is seals have been Extremely bugged for the entirety of classic, purely due to the way that the spell priority/artificial batching system was implemented.

Read more here:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/spell-batching-vs-seal-of-command-bugged-interaction/492921

Tl/dr the way seals are functioning due to the artificial batching system is bugged and combinations such as SoR / SoC twisting are broken because of it.

Seal Twisting should indisputably be in game and unfortunately has been majorly broken up until this new PTR fix.

Moving forward into tbc this will actually prove to be a great fix to the paladin class with SoC on SoC twisting reimplemented, specifically to the alliance, it will mean that should blizzard choose to not add seal of blood to both factions then alliance will actually have a not as good, but at least remotely competitive option (without which alliance would have literally nothing), which will assist in reducing the horde faction imbalance which is innate to tbc.

All in all I’d just like to say thank you to blizzard for finally fixing a bug which has plagued paladins for the entirety of classic, and for providing a measure for enhancing faction balance moving into tbc.

In their zeal to changeover data packets from the original WoW engine to the Legion engine, sadly they retained batching and leeway, which obviously malfunction in Classic.

I like turtles

2 Likes

It only feels like RNG from the perspective of someone who doesn’t know how the game works. If you spend enough time dueling mages you will get your grounding totem consistency close to 100%.

During the tbc/wrath days it was common to see all the gladiator priests dueling their teammates in between arena games just to practice shadow word:death cc breaks, which by the way, only worked because of the 400ms batching. And guess what, the ones who did it consistently were the ones getting good ratings.

Do you have any proof that SoR/SoC twisting worked?

Even in TBC seal twisting guides I can find no evidence of it being a thing. When it comes to alliance side, the best I can find is that SoV specifically did not work with SoC twisting.

It seems to me as though this really is a pretty heavy handed change to the game.

It seems apparent that you havent really looked at any of the threads posts or topics surrounding this issue…

Fortunately how this game is was or will be scripted isnt based in any way on what you consider as a change to the game, but rather how the game actually functioned… something which I am definitely happy about. All of which can and will be verified against the original client now that seals are finally being redressed and fixed.

Its good to have an opinion but as the saying goes everyone’s got one, just try to do some research before you post yours, information is important… opinions arent.

So no, you don’t have proof other than your post about how SoC is extra delayed. Got it.

already linked, disected, analysed, and then not read by a user who posts uninformed opinions; and asserts them as fact.

Again, all of your proof is it working with seal of blood.

We always knew that SoC into a SoB twist worked.

You have no evidence that any other damage seals twisted with SoC.

try reading before posting one of these days, this is tantamount to spam considering you still havent read, and post the exact same thing.

I’ve read your posts. You simply assert that SoR/SoC twisting and that SoV / SoC twisting worked without any proof of it.

Then you show videos of seal of blood working.

You think your posts refute me, but they really don’t.

SotC, SoJ, and SoB worked with SoC.

The rest didn’t.

Im not going to post massive chunks of the first post which relate to the initiating swing the point of incident of ppm calculation for SoC, the point of calculation on-hit damage applicators such as sob and sor, the implication related to White Hit => SoR => SoC => SoR or at the least White hit => SoR => SoC (broken down against buff existance and uptime in the original videos), either you havent read it, dont understand it or are intentionally ignoring it either way you are all opinions and no evidence, ill leave the discussion here regardless.

===========================================================

I look forward to Blizzard finally redressing Seals based on the actual scripting and function, something which paladins have been long awaiting and looking forward to in classic wow. And while this workaround may not be a 1-1 recreation; it is definitely a step in the right direction and will in effect facilitate seal twisting and its interaction for the rest of classic and moving into TBC in essence (although it should have been here already since day 1 of classic). From the initial dev talk of classic it seems that the documentation and backups of the TBC back-end server were far more consistent and frequent, then its Vanilla counterpart so will provide a great framework to provide an accurate game in the future, and will offer some effective balance between horde and alliance should alliance not receive Seal of Blood with SoC-SoC twisting; in-spite of Horde Paladins still being far stronger with SoC-SoB and associated mana gain, and arcane torrent haha :frowning: .

Cheers Blizzard Devs, Nice work, we have been looking forward to this Paladin Bug Fix for a loooong time haha.

But they didn’t do it consistently, they were just increasing their odds they’d get lucky with batching.

What will be consistent is when we get 10MS batching back and these gimmicks don’t work at all.

The current batching also has subtle differences compared to the old one.

The order of events this time isn’t nearly as consistent, for example, sapphiron used to always apply the aura in a way that the reapplication clipped the DoT. The current batching was a toss up of which simultaneous event occurred, so the ptr saw a large damage increase until they reworked the ability like they did in WotLK.

This current spell batching priority seems more randomized than the old one, so now not only would you be trying to time things to the correct batch, you then need to hope that the game prioritized your move in the order you wanted.

The consistency likely won’t be anywhere near what people are expecting.

No, I just illustrated with my example that the only way to consistently ground anything is to do it more than 400 ms before the end of the cast. If you do it in that 400 ms window you are rolling dice that the next batching window will resolve before the cast completes and not after.

Excuse me? Shadow Word Death breaks work RIGHT NOW on retail without 400ms batching.