WoW Classic Update Schedule and Free Character Moves

are you serious? you locked it down 2 hours afterwards with no warning? we were halfway through a guild transfer. this is unacceptable

3 Likes

Half my Guild was in the process of moving and some haven’t made it home from work yet. We’ve now been split in half. This is not even remotely alright. If you’re going to have transfers then have them for at least 24hours! or a set start and stop time!

5 Likes

WTF… 2 hours in you restrict by faction with NO warning. this is plain unacceptable. you’re split our guild mid transfer of 150 people

7 Likes

FFS let us transfer back if you are going to pull this terrible idea of communication

2 Likes

Hopefully you’ll be provided an option to reverse it or transfers are open for Ally off HS to AR and for the locked realms for Ally to AR as well so you can meet back up. Best of luck :heart:

They have been opening and closing the transfers as they see fit without any heads up for the entire process though, that’s why there is the disclaimer in the OP and all the transfer posts.

Reading isn’t your strong suit is it?

Says horde only.

… I just transferred as Alliance from Stalagg > Heartseeker and now I am stuck here without any of the friends I played with because they got “unexpected technical issues” three minutes after transfers had opened.

Now this is updated to say Horde only. This is ridiculous we had 20+ people planning on transferring that all took time from work or other obligations because it said they would be a short window.

2 Likes

“We strongly suggest that any players planning to use a Free Character Move do so as soon as possible. Free Character Moves may be disabled without warning at any time.”
proceeds to make it faction restricted without warning
Excellent work, Blizzard. There’s no way you didn’t see what could possibly go wrong here, that nobody thought “hey maybe the possibility of destroying a bunch of guilds isn’t good”. Just another piece of evidence to show that you must be ACTIVELY trying to destroy your games.

5 Likes

This is an absolute mess blizzard, and to be honest i have no clue as to how this can be fixed. Why on earth would you not announce that transfers to and from these realms would be faction restricted? Instead you decided to ignore this critical aspect of an already shady decision to open up transfers again.

What we are now faced with is guilds who put in hours of work trying to plan around this nightmare who have had all of their efforts in the past two months completely destroyed due to your incompetence to manage this process smoothly. Guilds are currently left half of their size because they couldn’t all fit into your 30 minute “accidental” timeframe of transfering off of these servers. What can you even do at this point? Do you allow people to go back to their server with their friends who got stuck? If you don’t id love to see your attempt at explaining how and why an incredibly wealthy and successful company as yourself would produce such a pathetic attempt at managing one of your games.

7 Likes

Alliance that transferred to Heartseeker that are now cut off from friends is the funniest thing ever. Serves you guys right.

14 Likes

I do agree additional transparency concerning this was warranted and may have been helpful.

But doesn’t the disclaimer act as a catch all? If the population target was hit within a few hours and transfers were cut would that have been different than if the faction target caused the cut off?

Perhaps offering Ally xfers off HS > AR and providing the same xfers to AR for Ally on the locked servers will help guilds reconvene. Transfer reversals is an option as well, but I wouldn’t hedge on it since the primary goal as always been overall population reduction on Layered servers.

1 Like

@Kaivax I know you are busy with this current Horde move but I’m hoping maybe when you are free you could let us know if there is any chance you will be offering transfers to people who are in the wrong time zone? West>East Coast/ East>West Coast.

When name reservations were available the servers did not specify time zones. I understand there are people who read the forums frequently & saw your post but so many of us did not see it. I wish important information like this could could be posted on the app or the log in page in the future. I did see the clock after I played for about 16 hours but in all honesty I assumed it was a default setting based on Blizzard offices being located on the west coast. I simply switched the clock to my appropriate time zone and it never dawned on me that I was on a west coast server. My main is on Stormrage (retail), an east coast server. I’ve never known what the off time zone clock looks like so I had no idea.

I’m not interested in rerolling and going through the whole attunement process again which is why I’ve not been playing for the last couple of weeks. If server transfers aren’t offered then I will allow my sub to run out because at 3pm server time (6pm west coast) no one is around to raid. At 8pm server, which is when most raids start, it’s 11pm east coast and I’m going to bed.

But also, even more important, it would have been nice if in your blue posts you would have made it known that Old Blanchy is home of THE notorious private server owner and that they would be dominating this specific server so much so that if you choose not to join their 15 year old guild, then you’re out in the cold with no one to play end game with. Some of us actually wanted to play the game as it was without a 15 year old guild dictating our game play.

undo alliance transfers and lock them for horde only. Letting Alliance leave will kill the server.

3 Likes

All we want to do is play together definitely undo the transfers that happened due to “technical issues” that occured for unannounced transfer rules…

3 Likes

Please turn back the Clocks. Guilds Split. Friends split. yall really dropped the ball here.

4 Likes

Too little too late on that edit.

3 Likes

Large groups of IRL friends split up thanks to the mid-transfer halt on alliance. Please allow additional transfers or revert the transfers that did go through!

5 Likes

Please excuse me for quoting myself.

3 Likes

Honestly I think the faction specific transfer was a last-minute idea to keep some of the heavy Horde servers like Stalagg/Skeram from becoming even more lop-sided. I do believe they should allow transfers back (Alliance) from Heartseeker as it seems multiple guilds were broken up by this.

1 Like