WoW Classic Testing Access as of May 22

Time to bring online another “Stress Test Server” :wink:

Clearly we are stressing the crap out of this one :slight_smile:

1 Like

Maybe I failed to equip enough lag / server load resistance gear.:thinking:

3 Likes

Sort of defeats the point, which is finding what one server can handle and what one node handling queues can do etc. It’s not about bandwidth as they could let us all in immediately with the spare racks at Blizzard but that defeats the purpose. 80% of the testers and test hours should be going towards these queues. Very little of this stress test involves answers to live in-game questions or zoning, there are thousands online now testing that portion as is notable on any stream.

Every tester has a purpose.

But do you have the attunement?

Doyou mean 2 hours of staring at a login queue screen and then immediately being disconnected?

Well, 47 mins of waiting in que over and over to get disconnected from the server. I guess i’m just stress testing the log in screen…

If anyone is really concerned about 1-5 gameplay instead of actually testing what blizzard needs tested, just come back 2 hours after the test began.

4:00pm PDT Wednesday, May 22, until 6:00pm PDT

so minimally you would want to try past 6:00pm PDT if you are not trying to actually participate in the test.

Knowing perfectly well that only getting invited to the stress test would most likely result in disappointment, I’d hope I’d at least get to create a character and log in!

Made it to the realm selection a few times before getting booted, now it won’t get past retrieving the realm list :crazy_face:

1 Like

Blizz saw they were at the top of Twitch and let the streamers in im dead :rofl: please dont say streamer prio isnt a thing.

My spouse and I were very excited and ready to participate in the stress test today. We have not received an invite yet for the closed beta. We loved WoW when it was at its best and that was classic. We started at the very beginning and played all the way till Cataclysm came along ruined it all.

Was looking forward to logging in and testing up to level five tonight. Cannot get in. Was constantly disconnected over and over after getting to the character creation screen only find the realm is now locked. Extremely disappointing. Yes we have tested the login servers, but to not be able to actually get in, create a character, and play test is a major let down.

So far the whole beta testing process has been very disappointing. Especially when you see so many streamers and content creators were invited to the closed beta, many who have no clue what classic was, how to play in it, and even erroneously report issues that are not issues. Looks like the streamers magically got through though and are playing.

We will keep trying to see if something opens up, but it does not look like it. Now we even see an official post that they are near the end of closed beta invites… sigh!

2 Likes

Yeah, at this point I’m going to eat dinner, get some beers, and try again later.

get water instead of beer.

I’m not sure whether I had the same issue (I do have 2 PTR accounts) but reinstalling the BattleNet Launcher solved the problem for me. I suspect my issue may have been related to having two launchers, one hiding in the folder structure where Blizzard switched to the retail naming scheme some months ago.

I’m on Mac if that matters.

testing this on windows

That’s some of the exact data Blizzard is interested in looking at. Many who play classic will have never played in vanilla, many will report things that are not issues and the process to search those words and phrases to assist the bug report process being streamlined and perfected. Understand that your understanding of the testing and process might not be full or accurate.

The data they are collecting as you run through this circle for 2 hrs testing their hardware limitations is invaluable. You built this up to be the night 3 months from now, that time is not here yet. There are millions of vanilla players, they need a few thousand as influencers to play the beta and a few thousand people to test queues, you were selected for queues.

in 3 months you’ll have guaranteed access, for the years we’ve waited, what’s another 3?

2 Likes

Trying yet again

Realm still offline for me anyone else getting that too

3 Likes

I guess we can say
this
test
is
STRESSED
:smile: :smirk: :heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

i love how servers say offline when there people on game