WoW Classic Stress Test – June 19-21

I’ll see you Alliance scum in Redridge.

11 Likes

Red is dead my friend.

3 Likes

Except that it isn’t blatantly obvious to anyone, except maybe you. Which means its not blatantly obvious, just a construct in your head.

I have no idea. Erebos has some magical “Europeans require different server technology” concept that’s completely obscure.

No.

Because the average play period for EU is outside their test hours.

You’re not getting this. They aren’t building technology for the US and technology for the EU. Warm bodies are warm bodies. There are plenty of EU beta testers (I know, not you, tough luck), and stress tests are designed to open and bloat the server at a time when they’re ready to watch it. Since the launch will be at 3pm PDT, they’re testing it in the same timing here to simulate it.

You are not a special snowflake. Europe is not a special snowflake. Even the US isn’t a special snowflake.

They’re testing throwing a bulk of players at a server at once to see what breaks. The US will break the same things as an EU stress test would under the same conditions.

You are not needed…

8 Likes

so i get a subscription so i can get a chance at beta, and you just go ahead and open it all up for everybody with a subscription.

i wanted to be special. i wanted to be selected. i wanted to brag.

1 Like

Padded by the sweet nectar of your tears perhaps.

Would appreciate an update, if you see this amongst all of the bile.

1 Like

Nice! I can’t wait to see how the servers crack under this one. :D.

6 Likes

I actually consider using my blizzard balance to buy gametime for this starter edition license I made to post on the US forums, because my real EU one is left out as it seems. But I’m not really sure if that would make me eligible, or if your actual account needs to be in the right country.

I want to test 2 addons I made “blind” on the BfA client and test the API for things I need for a 3rd one I wanted to make. 2 days should be enough to get all the info I need. This US only thing really pisses me off at this point.

3 Likes

Sorry, I don’t work in education, if you cannot comprehend the fundamental issues with this, that’s your problem. I’m sure Blizzard will understand where I’m coming from and ultimately, they matter more than some randomer on a forum.

Ah, more deflection, so you’re just a troll and cannot produce anything productive - only complaints that you’re not in beta or stress test since you feel entitled to it, even though you’re yet again wrong. That’s literally all it comes down to.

1 Like

No I’m a Night Elf, can’t you see that on my avatar?

You’re entitled to your opinion, just as I’m entitled to mine, so I’ll post what I like, whether you like it or not :).

Wow, everyone with an active account can participate? We’re going to blow up the servers.

3 Likes

You’re just lazy and can’t be bothered. Defending an opinion that’s yours should be super easy unless you can’t figure out how you formed it or you are embarrassed by it. Good day.

5 Likes

Not quite “everyone”.

1 Like

Obviously - you continue to troll, but that doesn’t make you any less wrong than you’ve been.

The burden is on the one making the argument, not the audience.

16 Likes

Even Blizzard will have no clue what you’re talking about because you aren’t explaining yourself. You might not work in education, but it’s clear you also don’t work with logic or communication.

8 Likes

Come on. He’s angry, but he’s not completely wrong. EU players are excluded from this stress test, that’ll be running for 48 hours, so there certainly would have been time to play during daytime. And there certainly are a lot of very interested players on the other side of the ocean.

4 Likes

There are reasons that have been spelled from people throughout the thread why this has potentially happened.

Sure, be angry, but he shouldn’t be belittling people because they can’t understand his obscure thoughts regarding realm testing. A realm is a realm regardless of location, and they’re testing the same things for everyone, all over the world, with beta and stress tests. And he is wrong in saying that location-based stress testing is necessary because of different player base and demands. Again, a realm is a realm, regardless of location, and all realms, again regardless of location, will be slammed with people upon launch. There will be queues everywhere, crashes everywhere, lag everywhere.

And you see EU players with beta access too, but yet I don’t, and you don’t see me steamrolling all over the forums complaining about it.

4 Likes

He’s right they could have played. They are excluded.

The important part here though is that it is done like this for a sensible reason. Why waste resources setting this up for EU too to avoid a couple hurt feelings since this is just for TESTING?

The point of this is to primarily test during that three hour window (5-8PST). They’re just leaving it up for a while after that.

In short, the exclusion is just out of convenience - not spite. The actual released Classic game will not have any bias towards NA/Oceanic

3 Likes