WoW Classic Stress Test Date

Why would you plan days off for a simple 1-2 day stress test? That’s your own fault. Blizzard doesn’t owe you anything. Have a great week though.

20 Likes

Even though they say they’re on track it doesn’t look good for the August 26th launch (yes, it is August 26 for all of North America and UK, and these are the US forums so I fail to understand why they keep saying August 27…).

7 Likes

Fine Blizzard, I’ll spend time with my loved one and go to the Zoo instead. :frowning:

I really hope it’s soon, and not soon™; I want to have a chance to set up UI addons before the game releases.

Hope we get an update soon.

1 Like

Inb4 Eloraell

Thx for heads up Kaivax

5 Likes

STRESS TEST SCHEDULE*

• Stress Test 1: Wed May 22–Thurs May 23
  • Stress Test 2: Wed Jun 19– Thurs Jun 20
  • Stress Test 3: Date To-Be-Determined

*Dates of each stress test are subject to change.

Never make plans when asterisks are involved.

6 Likes

You took off work for a stress test? Sounds a bit extreme.

9 Likes

Begins crying out my lunch

Starts stuffing the half-eaten bread back into mouth

7 Likes

Well, now you could resub for the Stress Test and get early Character Creation and the first part of the launch, all in one $15 payment.

This puts paid to all the naysayers claiming that Blizzard moved the Stress Test back to ensure that you’d have to pay separate subscription months for each thing. Now one Sub Month will get you the first week of play in the same month period as the Stress Test and Character Creation.

3 Likes

That was for you to try 8.2. I doubt they really want you using it for Classic.

1 Like

3 day gift pass was a misstake, this is why they will change the date :smiley:

9 Likes

Better do it right than rushed.

Take all the time you need.

Cheers.

3 Likes

Actually, have you reconsidered the requirement for a Sub yet? It would improve your chances of a high population stress test akin to what you seemed to expect for the previous Test.

10 Likes

No rush. release date is the release date.

Take the time to get it right. The same people crying about the delay would crucify you for every mistake made if you rushed it. We all know its true.

12 Likes

4 Likes

I think you know the answer to this. The stresstest was scheduled for like July 26 or something? Doubt they get it going within a couple days of that with this announcement. And, they make more money by not doing it that way… they always do things to maximize the money first.

My guess is delayed a week. Strategically, that puts it at August 1-2, which means Blizz gets re-subscribers at the beginning of the month prior to launch. :stuck_out_tongue: Smart!

1 Like

Except that this decision makes them lose money by that logic, because people can sub for the Stress Test, Character Creation AND the first week or so of Launch, on one month’s sub.

Perhaps we shouldn’t be so cynical that we’re blinded to logic.

9 Likes

Fixing all the Hunter bugs more likely… and that internal end game testing has to be done in a month, I feel like that was a mistake, the beta should of just been longer up to level 60.

4 Likes

Server list please…pretty please with sugar and all the stuff you want on top :smile:

7 Likes

Before the stress test? I’d imagine that it would color their expectations, so they can’t release that early.