WoW Classic Realm Names and Types - Updated Aug. 27

Got them! All on RP.
Idalac - Tauren Druid (tank…but I solo pretty much exclusively. I did off tank in classic though)
Nadeha - Troll Rogue
Pisha (and the name I was must happy to grab!) - Forsaken Mage. Pisha is a character in Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines. She is of a type that has to eat their victims, not just drink their blood. As such, Pisha is a fitting name for a forsaken with the ability to gain back health by eating bodies LOL.

What are the player counts for low, medium, high. Server pops. And what will they be once layering is gone?

Also what are the server caps before you need to wait in queue, and what will they be once the layering is gone?

2 Likes

Wouldn’t we all like to know?

Of the choices you just listed, Dwarf Hunter seems most fun to me if you don’t mind a little snow-blindness in the starting zone. The gun sounds have an echo/reverb that make the outdoors feel big around you. Mages are a bit difficult until you get a frost/fire/arcane rotation going near level 10, and things still randomly resist a bunch of what they do. Priest might die less than mages at least. :slight_smile: I didn’t try warlock or shaman in the stresws test. Orc and Human zones might be the most overcrowded. Troll zone was pretty big and relaxing in comparison to human starting zone.

Since you’re late to the name game, the best names like Steve are probably already gone, but I’m sure you’ve got a good list of second string names you can try for. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you! I’m good on names, got the 3 main ones I wanted to reserve since they’ve all been taken for many years on any realm I was interested in. Despite being a few hours late on name reservation, I still managed to luck out!

WTB Etched on Arugal. Add Etched#1803 for more info.

4 of the NA servers showing as ‘Full’ now so maybe there are new servers before game release?

Just curious, I’m at work for a bit. Which are the full servers at this point? Yesterday when I looked the rp/rpv, rp, and two west coast normal servers were low pop while everything else was medium and Herod was high.

Pagle and the 3 PvP servers full atm.

Yeah seems to me they are going to need a bunch more servers as most people probably wont want to pay until they can actually play a ton of people probably haven’t signed up yet even

If we reserved a character/name on a realm, but then learned later the realm is a different time zone, can we get a free realm transfer, or delete the character and still get the name on another realm?

so long as the name isn’t already take by someone else on another realm you can just delete and remake on another realm, otherwise you’d kinda be boneing someone else

Thanks! I was surprised there were so many normal realms. We’ll see how it goes.

wow streamer scum? I bet you every now and then watch a streamer.

Yup I will never forget haha back in the day 2004 !! How about those 4 day Alterac Valley BG’s?? Good Times !!

1 Like

Because some folk are never happy. They must always find something about which to complain. Blizz could have had a 100% flawless execution from start to finish on the release of Classic and the negative nellies would have still flocked here to complain.

I believe Chicago and LA respectively

Blizzard, how about increasing name reservations to 4? I am asking since I like playing both sides and it would be nice to have two names reserved for each side. :slight_smile: Still want central servers :wink:

@Blizzard will you give us an idea of how many people are allocated to a Low, Medium, High, Full population server?

This information will help me decide on which classic server I want to play on.

Thanks!

Any word on when the classic forums will have specific realm forums to start recruiting for guilds and to get an idea of what guilds will be where?

2 Likes