WoW Classic Realm Names and Types - Updated Aug. 27

This kind of false expectation will only let you down…

3 Likes

Blizzard, please disclose the datacenters that will be hosting each of these so we can make a more informed decision.

3 Likes

yes, Chicago has been the eastern data centre since 2014 when they moved the NY ones.

4 Likes

Yup. Makes me very concerned about the prospect of layering actually getting removed. Either they’re going to be adding dozens of new servers or they won’t follow through on their promise.

8 Likes

aye, blood and thunder! - Varg (orc hunter)

Lok’tar ogar!!! See you on the battlefield, human!

3 Likes

Perhaps they will all go Mankrik meme server.

4 Likes

Got it. In the beta the new clock display is still under the mini map compass or whatever you call it. Might be a way to right click that and change time to your OS time? Unable to test at the moment. Not sure if it’ll still be there come launch.

It’s great because its the only normal realm in EST that’s not Mankrik…

6 Likes

How do you do, fellow Grubs?

6 Likes

As I said in the other thread, maybe it’s to deter anyone who isn’t a true RP-PVP fan. They don’t want regular PVPers there.

Or more likely, they just didn’t think it was a bad name, even though it definitely is.

3 Likes

They have data that justifies their choice for this amount of servers. You and the ‘concerned’ crew have feelings and hope.

Which isn’t data. The feelings > fact stuff gets real old after a while man. Or feelings > science.

5 Likes

Not even 1 central server? Not even 1.

2 Likes

every realm is going to be a streamer realm

I have to play on a server named Grobbulus. Sad times… :frowning:

8 Likes

The Earthspear Clan will be there to fight the Alliance scum!

Where are the Datacenters for Eastern and Western Servers?!

Look. You can make post after post after post trashing Vanilla and Classic and saying it won’t be successful. Obviously you have nothing better to do with your time.

But Blizzard also was hopeful for about 500k players for Vanilla. And they wound up with 8 million. So I really don’t want to hear about their data.

11 Likes

So this is what Blizzard thinks of RP-PvPers. :pensive:

(I’m jk.)

Edit: I just hope they’re not giving it a gross name so that they can go “See? Not many people wanted this type of realm!” :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Coasties only recognize the symbolic importance of the 2 coasts, which is far less territory than the central land mass. They are superior intellects afterall, just ask them.