WoW Classic Realm Names and Types - Updated Aug. 27

bout to slob on me grob

# Ah sh1t, here we go again.

I didn’t even consider central/south america in my first thoughts, but they will def add a presence. I think they deserve to have servers too if they have the players to support it. It isn’t hard for you guys to add a CST server under the Chicago data center. I have no idea what data you guys are looking at, but looking at discord data for PvP servers… you are not prepared. You are not prepared at all. Disappointed in you blizz.

1 Like

Yep, but Moon Guard is a CST server based in LA. I’ve created Datacenter pages for Classic but until we know the IP addresses for the servers we can’t assign actual data center locations.

When we know, it can be updated at:
https://wow.gamepedia.com/Americas_region_realm_list_by_datacenter_(classic)

Sweet info mayne :slight_smile: On the ball!
Yeah LA probably has more amenable laws for the kind of server Moonguard is >.>

Was so sure Chromie would be a name. I thought it deserved it. xD

It is. Just in Russian.

Like…between…all 2 alternative choices for a East Coast NA player that enjoys PvP? You are severely misunderstanding the realm populations.

You are going to destroy economies with this also… Big fail.

4 Likes

If they’re hitting those levels, they’ll be adding extra servers too.

2 Likes

Moonguard is rp not rppvp.

LA -> Seattle is almost as far as LA -> Kansas City central is not really much farther than covering west (or east) coast north to south. It will be fine just pick one of the coasts. latency will be ~100ms for most folks regardless of where the datacenter is, this is 2019 not 1990 after all.

That’s true. It was an example of a server that is CST and in LA, not an example of an RP-PVP server.

Those servers literally exsist already. not only that they created a search option to find people who played on old servers.

1 Like

Hey guys! If you are likely to play Fairbanks server. Find the subreddit here: https://www.reddit.com/r/FairbanksClassic/

Let’s connect!

The low number of servers might indicate that blizzard intend on using the layering technology to a fairly large degree. There will definitely be a large drop-off of classic players. I’m sure they have put significant effort in predicting player populations for launch and for the future, but it’s impossible to know the numbers for certain. This number of servers might lead to a good mix of healthy realm populations down the road

Mega servers confirmed?

How are we supposed to relive the original experience of server pride and a close community with such a small server list?

I’m very concerned, please consider population caps close to 3k.

Thank you.

2 Likes

The Official Discords for the Eastern servers have been created.

discord.gg/z23Grs

discord.gg/URBPUJ

discord.gg/yR7XjR

en que server pvp, se ira la mayoria de la gente? alguien sabe

You might want to say which servers are which.

It’s already showing that :slight_smile: