WoW Classic PTR Stress Test -- June 18

I mean, let’s hope that now that they have something to address the unforeseen issue of needing to have layering while the AQ event goes live, due to a pandemic, that they are able to focus some efforts on the botting issue.

Kaivax all but stated that they are doing the best they can regarding bots. Think on that a moment. The botting epidemic, the bloated queues that result from it, the layers necessary due to their perpetual presence, and the wrecked economies.

This is the best we can expect from them.

And are you really going to pretend that the need to layer for the AQ event was not foreseen?

This is really cool and a great idea. Thank you for being proactive about this! I look forward to helping out :slight_smile:

No. I am not pretending.

You saw a pandemic coming? Come now… who is pretending?

I cannot imagine the panic the dev team has faced to try to implement features to handle the massive increase in consistently logged on behavior that is unique to the current time we find ourselves in, and which has a shelf life, meaning there’s not really any incentive to work to resolve the issue, as it’s a HARD problem, and the longer it takes to solve, the less relevant the solution will be, as the problem will go away relatively soon… without any expectation of returning.

What’s more important? Some bots are botting… OK - do most players notice this? Maybe you do - where are YOUR videos? I haven’t noticed these bots. Yes, I’ve seen the posts on the forums. Yes, I’ve seen the videos. But, I haven’t run into it in game.

OK, so bots are botting - yes that’s a problem. Yes we should deal with it. Oh, BUT WAIT!!! AQ is around the corner and guess what? the need for layering due to the massive numbers of concurrent players is immediate.

Oh… and do so while your team is displaced and working in a quarantine situation, ie. remotely, unlike it has ever worked before.

I promise that I will be as swift and decisive in doing this work for you as you are in your work of protecting all of us from bots and hacks.

2 Likes

Are you living under a rock?!

Christ… people these days.

Nobody believes you at this point.

Tons of us are working remotely. Are you going to suggest that an online game staff cannot manage to do so, when the game is literally online?

Of course you are. As this is what you do on this forum. Low speed trolling and white knighting.

Let’s help Blizzard on this stress test.

It’s better than doing nothing then complain afterward : “OMG IT’S LAGGY BLIZZARD WTF”

For once they communicate and they want to work with us to provide a good experience for everyone. So let’s do it.

Let’s show them that Classic matter for a lot of players and the community will work together to get the best experience. So they may continue to work & communicate with us.

3 Likes

So, secretly testing how much player performance you can sacrifice to jam even more gold farming organized crime groups onto the servers then? They must be giving Blizzard many millions of dollars in payola to look the other way, as they use stolen credit cards (which generate charge backs) and hacked accounts to fund their hundreds of thousands of bots.

Yes, thank you so much for all the queues, lag, botters and Chinese gold farmers already spamming the chat, screwing the AH prices and degrading our performance every day.

Just find ways to make it even worse, yes, that’s exactly what you should be doing…besides feigning shock at the server queues and lag, while doing absolutely nothing about any of it.

So you want us to support you on the test server, while telling us you don’t support the test server when TONS of people are having issues transferring their characters. If you fix that issue, you might get more help stress testing… just saying.

For this event, we’re optimizing aspects of the game service that you will potentially see and feel. In order to maximize the number of players in Silithus, we have to make some sacrifices to things like buff and debuff updates, player movement, general server-to-client communication, and spells.

And of course, the game can port players out of the zone entirely, similar to how players were ported out of Silithus in original World of Warcraft. Just like we did in 2006, we consider that preferable to a crash.

There will be lag. Despite the years of big improvements that have been made to hardware, software, and data throughput, we must accept that packing more and more players together in a small space causes an exponential (not linear) load on the game service.

So you’re going to sacrifice actual functions of the game, port people out of silithus randomly when it gets too hot, and there STILL will be lag?

You’re going to do all of these things and the experience will still be bad if you manage to avoid a random port, and are okay with all these “sacrifices”?

Am I missing something here? It doesn’t seem like you’re fixing anything. This is the longest post saying nothing I’ve ever seen.

Please someone help me understand what the actual benefits of this are.

They’re not allowed to have thoughts on this.

dont care, fix the 30 instance lockout

When are template’s going to be enabled? Sometime before the testing I hope…?

Pass on this until you fix your game.

1 Like

too scared to post from your classic account?

1 Like

Well Blizzard, I’d have been happy to take part in your stress test, but I literally see nothing on my Blizzard launcher today or my game screen realm selection to tell me how to get into the darn thing, so… yeah… I can’t figure out how to get in.
And maybe my glasses are just dirty but I’ve gone over your main message a few times but can’t seem to find instructions, if I needed to download something.