WoW Classic Pre-Launch Test 11:00 a.m. PDT August 8 and Minimum Specs

Don’t expect a chance to even create your character. These tests are called stress tests for a reason; they stress the servers and the players. Players hammering their servers to see what sort of upgrades they need internally for the official launch. I was part of the other classic stress tests; here’s what to expect for 80-90% of the playerbase:

• Waiting to login, queueing for 20 minutes and then failing to login
  • Getting stuck or unable to create a character
  • Disconnecting at any point throughout this process

Don’t get your hopes up people, this is not a free invite to play a demo of WoW Classic, though you are helping to prepare Classic for its actual launch.

Nah, go ahead and “get your hopes up people”… they’ve got most of the bugs worked out already. Shouldn’t be any wait times, you’ll be able to freely create new characters, etc. Really this last test before launch is on a workday for most people in the Americas and they aren’t opening it up to non-subscribers which is a shame. I expect the turnout in numbers to be about the same (if not lower) as the previous stress tests because most people have to work, and some that don’t are waiting to re-sub at launch. For the die-hard that are already subed and don’t have to work… ENJOY!

2 Likes

What does one do if the launcher doesn’t even allow you to click on PLAY? Point to the button and it says “This game cannot be played yet”.

You won’t be able to “play” until tomorrow the 8th, the day of the test. Blizzard has said that it will be open to all subscribers.

This is not a stress test.

That didn’t happen in the 2nd round of Stress Test. It was quite quick and no queues.

Aside from testing the “Character Creation but no Play”, the 2nd round Stress Test was completely untroubled by this.

Not even once.

That’s completely true, while being completely the worst pessimism. We are helping test their regional infrastructure is all ready, and in return we get an extra day’s worth of fun.

This whole community lately seems to be filled with misers and grinchs, and its a wonder we even got Classic with this attitude.

2 Likes

Well, it’s not Thursday… so…

2 Likes

Blue comment from German language forums (via Google Translate):

I adjusted my statement a bit to make it clearer that Friday is still valid for the test. But as already written, the exact end time is not fixed yet and we will inform you as soon as possible.

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/de/wow/t/vorveroeffentlichungstest-08-08-mindestsystemanforderungen-fuer-wow-classic/41586/267

1 Like

Will we get to keep the characters we make in the stress test?

No. That would make the Character Creation release on 13th August pointless…

Sounds good, sure are a lot of whiners, sad you don’t have the same level of community other games have :frowning:

Well not everyone lives in the PDT zone so it’s 6 for me 5 for some and 4 for others and so on

Can you just let us play until launch?

That’s a negative, Ghost Rider.

Will we get to keep our progress?

Awesome. :slight_smile:

as much as i hate to hate, why do this during the middle of the day if you want the most amount of players on.

1 Like

they want it to be while they are fully staffed at their west coast offices. cant expect them to let it loose on a Saturday of a long weekend when all the staff are at home and all the players are blowing stuff up.

Do we get to keep our level 15 characters?

Yes

1 Like

not once the test ends, it will be wiped in preparation for name reservation event next monday

1 Like