WoW Classic Pre-Launch Test 11:00 a.m. PDT August 8 and Minimum Specs

you have 3k achieve points you clearly aren’t invested in this game or blizzard kbye

lel, imagine thinking bfa and classic are the same thing… or even comparing one to the other :rofl:.

1 Like

I am hoping to be the first to not play Classic!

I am looking forward to things being different for a minute.

Thanks for the update! Can’t wait!

Any character or advancement we make during testing, we lose that on release day or do we get to keep that? Wont change if i jump on or not but just a curiosity of mine.

why would you think youd get to keep any of it? - betas are wiped, stress tests are wiped - this will surely be wiped

1 Like

im thinking the character we create will dissapear after the test is done? >.>

Will this classic game be in native 4k resolution?

I am really disappointed in Blizzard right now. If you guys really wanted to stress the servers, you would have opened the very last stress test to the public. I know you are just trying to squeeze every nickle and dime out of people for a 24 hour test, but if you really cared about Classic, you would have just opened it up to the public for the final test and really see how your servers could handle layering and the server capacity. Call of Duty MW just had an open beta weekend, to let the public test the game and probably see how their servers handle the large number of people playing their game and the interest in their game, but there was no stipulation that I had to own Call of Duty BO4 to play the open beta weekend. People that are playing BFA right now aren’t going to test a classic server as well as people that are actually interested in Classic. The majority of people playing BFA right now are more interested in BFA, than wasting their time testing out a version of the game they aren’t going to play, or aren’t that interested in. If you opened the game up to the public, you would bring over most likely a large number of players from private servers who actually want to play classic, and would really like to see how your bran new layering system works. All I can see coming from the stress test is a bunch of numbers that wont represent the actual community that is interested in playing classic, and having you (Blizzard) inaccurately make assumptions and really mess up layering and server capacity due to these assumptions.

2 Likes

Will the characters created in pre-launch be playable when the official launch comes out?

:man_facepalming:

Pretty sure all progress will be lost.

No.

/10char

WoW Classic is now ready for all players to install from the Blizzard Battle.net Desktop App in advance of the test. To install WoW Classic:

1. Open the Blizzard Battle.net Desktop App and select World of Warcraft in the game selection menu on the left.
  2. Under the Version dropdown menu, select World of Warcraft Classic

So my sub is paid through 8/29, I have a PTR account but I have no dropdown from which to select Classic. What’s up? Do I need to install the PTR client?
I’M FREAKING OUT MAN!!!

Any guidance appreciated.

Perhaps it would be good to actively check after 6PM PDT, when the west coast workers are home.

Any news? Still can’t play for some reason. “Play” button is unclickable

1 Like

Play button is greyed out because its unavailable until the stress test on Thursday.

Excellent news! Thank you! My animal companions and my garrison compatriots look forward to this :grinning:

Wow should never be run on Cylons, just saying…