WoW Classic Patch 1.14.4 Known Issues List - Updated 09/20/23

Yeah they completely destroyed the game for Mac users. See a post I did below, currently the game for me is not functioning above a 1280x800 resolution (hard to see what’s actually happening in the game with that resolution). MacBook is from 2016-2018, currently unable to play a game from 2004.

Had to dumb all graphics down to the lowest possible, still major frame rate drops in major cities (big lag spikes, not currently playable in the condition that it’s in).

It’s so heartbreaking that they are that out of touch with the player base. They actually think we want some stupid menu from Dragonflight or Wrath. They don’t know that there’s a large player base that only play classic wow for classic wow, they don’t want anything to do with WOTLK or retail.

Imagine that blizzard is going to go out on a limb and destroy their game over what? Some hamstring animation? Sunder armor affect colours?

Have they not played the game at max level? Do they know this stuff doesn’t matter? Do they know that a large portion of the player base just plays for nostalgia?

No one wants some super re-vamped classic wow experience. Right now I will have to unsubscribe if this isn’t fixed because as it was stated above and below in my post, the game is completely unplayable.

6 Likes

I had no choice but to cancel subscription. i can’t even log into the game anymore. Played SoM without any issues, played classic era without any issues until this patch. I was of the understanding that Classic Era was going to be left as is, which is why i subbed to play it.

Having trouble finding the vocal classic era voices that were asking for UI and Graphics changes to the game. The only complaints i experienced about the game as i played it was that the botting and boosting was out of control, so hopefully thats the next major overhaul they make.

1 Like

Yeah, that settings panel really ruins the game. Surprised the Battlenet launcher didn’t ruin classic for you too.

Well i could play the game before the patch. I cant play the game since the patch. So yeah, it ruined the game for me and probably alot of other people too.

Surprised you took the time out of your day to make a comment on something that has nothing to do with you.

2 Likes

Yea I dunno I play on a fairly weak laptop and before the patch woukdbget a solid 30/40 fps while playing with every setting turned down to lowest. After the patch the game seems to struggle noticeably more. Was getting like 7 fps in AV. Not sure if something graphical changed under the hood or I’m just dumb. Pretty unplayable as is.

1 Like

I have been missing honor on multiple characters when I log in after pvp-ing for a while. I have two characters I never pvp’d on and even though their total HK amount is correct the “this week” amount is incorrect and the amount of honor I have earned this week is significantly less than the honor stated when I logged out earlier today.

Gurubashi chest isnt openable anymore. theres no mouse over hover cogwheel. cant rightclick it or interact thru interact key with it. been happening since yesterday. Not abusing layers or anything else.

I tried disabling addons, reinstall the game and a full interface reset

scepter of celebras quest STILL bugged, not listed, ghost doesnt spawn to continue quest chain and complete scepter

2 Likes

Stormwind quest chain Infiltrating the Castle / The Attack, has been bugged for days - Tyrion seems stuck in a quest state forever.

1 Like

Added to the OP list:

• Celebras the Cursed does not spawn Celebras the Redeemed upon death.
  • (Hardcore) Guild death announcements may not show the correct level.
  • Mind-controlled enemies don’t have the correct pet bar.
1 Like

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Lenny remembers buggy AQ events/gate opening in SoM as well as the perpetual Wrath prepatch Scourge event on certain servers.

We’ll be seeing you.

Hello Aggrend

Are there any plans to fix longstanding bugs related to attack sounds and animations like No auto attack sound after a Dodge, Parry or Block and Seal of Command animation and sound are firing before regular swing (there is no white damage sound when SoC procs)?

These two issues really take away from the Ret Paladin fighting experience as you lack a large amount of auto attack hit sounds when fighting. It would also be fantastic to bring back the double hit animation when SoC procs, as it was always super fun. For reference: Paladin combat experience has been broken

Glad to see these patch notes still being updated as more issues are found. Absolutely loving this wealth of communication after long periods of silence on game issues.

Character: Gankshawk
Server: faerlina
Transfer status: came from original 2019 classic and copied to faerlina.
Honor/Rank before Aug 28th reset: 10k rank 9.0
Rank after Aug 28th reset: 9.0

Character: Ganklust
Server: whitemane
Transfer status: came from original 2019 classic and copied to faerlina. Used free transfer to whitemane August 22nd
Honor/Rank before Aug 28th reset: 110k rank 10.0
Rank after Aug 28th reset: 10.0

see:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/pvp-rankprogress-not-updatingcalculating-classic-era/1662083

Thanks for the fixes so far.

Another you can look into…

Succubus is now able to fully cast while invisible, normally when succubus casts seduce the action of casting breaks invis.

Nameplate slider broken after pvp patch

Hey all, just a heads up that the nameplatemaxdistance cvar is broken in the new Classic Era update. This was working prior to the Retail/Wrath UI being ported over to Era. Prob just a small oversight. Ty.

This bug makes it so that the nameplate max view distance slider in the options UI no longer works. Post the patch to include this functionality by blizz, the nameplate slider does absolutely zero/nothing.

This affects the survivability of those on hardcore, as well as that of players on era, by reducing the view distance of nameplates by half and opening up the very real possibility that a player gets into combat accidentally

1 Like

Nameplates distance in classic era MUST be at least 40 yards, which is the range of some classes skills
It makes no sense for a hunter playing in duo to need to stick at 20 yards to see nameplates when his skills have 35-40 yeards range. This is a bug that should be fixed.

Greetings,

The known issues post above was just updated with two new issues relating to Ouro in the Temple of Ahn’Qiraj. We wanted to highlight specifically here to raise awareness of these issues for groups on Hardcore realms attempting this boss. One of these bugs has a very high liklihood to cause a raid wipe.

• Ouro may sometimes fail to re-engage the raid after a wipe.
  • Ouro may spawn an additional copy of himself after coming out of a submerge phase.
    • Developer’s Note: We strongly advise not attempting Ouro on hardcore realms until this is resolved as this is likely a guaranteed wipe if this occurs. We hope to be able to identify a fix for this very soon.
2 Likes

Any plans for TBC era?

Related to the priest MC bug. When I use eyes of the beast pet bar disappears and ends up as action bar 2 or somewhere.

Also when using eyes of the beast the controls are very buggy can’t attack, if I use prowl can’t turn it off.