Wow classic only has 30 devs

30 devs working on wow classic.

Okay? 30 DEVELOPERS, sounds like a lot to me for classic. Now if only that were GM’s…

3 Likes

I think most people generalize with this statement, putting people in the role of developer that aren’t actually developers.

2 Likes

Thats at least 29 more than i expected

9 Likes

I’m curious what they need 30 devs for on a reboot of a 18 year old MMO, it’s not like they have to add any new content but rather just recreate a past version of the game which files/data for exists and they just have to maintain/bug fix it.

There straight up has been so little progress on Classic and projects like the LFG tool/H+ just seem insanely low effort for having that many people on the team.

This is exactly what I was thinking. Made me wonder if OP meant classic only has 30 GM’s, which that would make much more sense. 30 Devs of a game that’s pretty much copy+paste game seems like a lot. However, only 30 GM’s for Classic Era, SOM AND Classic Wrath… and that’s assuming that’s 30 GM’s that are only focused on classic, would explain why customer support takes forever and it sucks. The GM’s are probably swamped.

I’m pretty sure they outsource CS like Amazon does with AGS.

Well, the more you learn. Had no idea.

Blizzard doesn’t outsource their CS. What happens sometimes is a GM from Europe will take your ticket if NA is falling behind. That’s why you’ll sometimes see the screenshots of tickets being answered with poor English. It’s because the Blizzard employee who answered your ticket is across the ocean and has a different first language.

You can look at the Dragonflight credits to see their CS team.

1 Like

You think Classic has separate GMs? Even WoW doesn’t have its own GMs. There aren’t game-specific ones anymore. Not for many years. GMs service all Blizzard games.

1 Like

Imagine trying to get Roger Wilco to run on Windows 11…without using Windows Compatibility Mode.

That’s why the game needs devs.

It’s probably less than 30. I just saw a picture on aggrends twitter that I assume is the classic team because they’re kneeling outside in front of a big poster of Arthas. more like 30 people working on wrath. Not necessarily devs. im sure theres marketing, project managers etc as well.

1 Like

Those would be shared amongst the entire company or at least the IP.

Gotta be cost-efficient, remember! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

This is also news to me. I would have thought there were different game masters for different games.

this is the best one

30 “dev” ??? where did you take that number? I think it’s more like…5 top

1 Like

When you have no idea what you are talking about

Developers, “designers”, project managers, dbas, QA, network engineers .

Not all sitting there rubbing their hands giggling about not giving players RDF.

They probably have 1 sql team and they support both games even.

They like cutting costs and well…A db is a db.

Only adds the complication of having to tell them which db server instance is”down”.

If you subtract the janitors and “gender diversity officers,” it’s probably far less than 30.

1 Like