WoW Classic on the Cloud?

I mean Classic really isn’t that heavy of a game! If ESO can be on Stadia Cloud why can’t WoW Classic?

1 Like

Classic is on the cloud. It’s virtualized the same way retail is. They don’t have physical hardware for each individual server like they used to.

I think he means to play.

And that is a whole other topic.

ESO has a UI more tailored for controller game play.
WoW, not so much without heavy modifications.

I am not saying it can’t be done, but it was not designed for that.

They should really make Classic cross platform. That would up the games population significantly.

1 Like

It’s already on Windows and Mac, and with just a little work on Linux.

Xbox and Ps next please.

No thanks. That is the kind of growth I think all of us can agree would be BAD

:smiley:

2 Likes

Why would that be? Do you want to exclude certain people?

3 Likes

Well I have buddies that have the new consoles but aren’t quite sold on getting a PC for just a couple games.

No reason why it’s not available either. The new consoles could easily handle Retail even.

cloud is literally physical hardware, just with software that manages which hardware it goes on removing manual process. it’s same thing!

1 Like

WoW Classic is run on clouds, it’s why the game lags so badly when you get more than 30 people together.

Theh did this with FFXI. The PC based crew was not thrilled.

Ultimately, I think WoW’s interface would be overly complicated without a keyboard.

The servers are VM’s and in theory they could also run the individual clients on VM’s; it would be virtually hack proof, but here is the thing…

Latency with the kind of IPS services we have right now just aren’t quite up to the task.

In the near future, I can see all game run this way, especially for anti piracy and anti cheating.

As for exploiting, Lol good luck

When is WoW going to be ported to android and Iphone is what I want to know.

You guys do have phones, right?

1 Like

Obviously.

Not to everyone man. Some people I know thought it was literally ran on satellites… word cloud made them think sci-fi ish things like that.

1 Like

I don’t really think it would be all that difficult to understand/navigate…

They had plug ins for Classic w/ controllers but they broke them later on w/ multiboxers.