WoW Classic Hotfixes -- Updated November 16

Correct​​​

Any word on vanish?

I agree. I’m not a rooftop ganker though. I just don’t think it’s a problem and shouldn’t be changed at the expense of the vanilla experience.

you mean getting banned “The Vanilla Experience”

Literally nobody got banned in vanilla for rooftop ganking.

they got banned and it usually was a 3 day ban, repeat offenders were longer

1 Like

That’s a suspension. And I’d question even that. Do you have proof?

yeah I have proof from 2005 of people getting banned, seriously they’ve discussed it, it’s an exploit, people were banned back then for exploiting including this and it’s no different now them patching it saving people from a ban by making guards attack them.

Could you please share?

that was sarcasm…

why are we not discussing the more important change, I need more details on this Pet attack stealth deal, is it if i stealth before the pet attacks me I still get attacked? or was there a bug that made pets not attack after you stealth / unstealth? The way I understand the writing sounds like you broke stealth if they send a pet after you and you wasn’t touched yet.

1 Like

Ok. Well I find it hard to believe that anyone ever got more than a warning for rooftop ganking. People got away with a lot in vanilla. It was really really hard to get suspended.

pvp happened on a pvp server cheaters!

SO MANY HOT FIXES. BUT GUARDS NOT FIXED YET, what gives, blizz?

If you are being chased by a pet that has already be commanded to attack you but you manage to get out of combat or never were in combat, the pet will still continue to hunt you down; As before the pet would go back to its owner.

You know what actually costs even less?

Having a team assigned to a project, whose funds have already been allocated for, making a change to said project to get rid of a problem for the team whose job it is to handle problems because there isn’t enough of people on that team to handle it.

Or in clearer terms, Blizzards CS team isn’t big enough to effectively remove disruptive players so they changed the game.

OP updated!

1 Like

Yep I never got banned from attacking people from rooftops besides the only places where you can do this the goblin guards shoot you and knock you out of the city with their knockback.

Don’t know how I feel about people getting banned from a pvp situation, people been attacking from rooftops since classic and every expansion after. I feel weird that they are making changes to something they admit was classic to unclassic.

Another L to the group.

I think there’s an important distinction between using careful planning and positioning to not get aggro, as opposed to “Lol I’m just gonna sit on this roof.” This isn’t much different from a game dev punishing many other types of exploits. Now a lot of those devs have options to fix those exploits. Here it would mean some far less elegant solution, like changing the layout of the towns to eliminate our ability top get on roof, or putting up invisible walls.

Ultimately I’m fine with just telling players “Hey, don’t do something that’s obviously not intended. If a guard has aggroed you that means the game’s logic dictates they should be able to attack you.”

Like if someone exploited a similar issue in a Raid, avoiding damage from a boss, that wouldn’t be ok either.

1 Like