changed from 4 seconds to 2 seconds
Can we get some additional clarity/specifics on this as it pertains to Ignite? The tooltip for Ignite states that the additional damage is done over 4 seconds. In-game this shows as two separate ticks at 2 and 4 seconds.
Is that still the case or does Ignite now tick at 1 and 2 seconds? Or maybe one tick for the full amount at 2 seconds? i.e. did yall just cut our Ignite debuff duration in half?
If I land a crit at the 3.5 second mark, is it still going to refresh the Ignite?
Please more information regarding ignite, you can’t just change a vanilla effect without justification, you can’t take one stance on weapon GCD blocking procs and then take the complete opposite on dots like ignite.
Not to mention if they did change this to a 2-second refresh window, then that’s completely contradictory to the Ignite tooltip.
I’m seeing more and more mages saying that it’s down to two seconds. However, I was monitoring Ignite duration with Weak Auras very closely last night. Everything I saw looked like it was up for the full 4 seconds and I was seeing stacks refreshed after the 2-second mark.
The confusion with this is only getting worse and someone from Blizzard needs to give a full rundown of what this change was.
Heya! Here are today’s Classic hotfixes.
July 31, 2020
- The Ectoplasmic Distiller quest item no longer generates threat.
- Developers’ note: Ordinarily we err on the side of authenticity when it comes to clever use of mechanics in Classic, even if we believe the original development team would have made a change given the same information we now have. The Ectoplasmic Distiller presents a rare exception mainly due to its severity: this new discovery of an unintended mechanic would completely trivialize most threat gameplay in raids for the remainder of Classic if left unchecked, including upcoming bosses in Ahn’Qiraj and Naxxramas.
- The pages for the quest “Draconic for Dummies” are now Epic quality.
- Developers’ note: We’re changing the item quality on “Draconic for Dummies” quest pages to Epic (purple) so that they’ll be easier to distribute to the correct person in raids using Group Loot or Master Looter.
Since we are clearly past the #nochanges, lets get some paid race changes going.
What about the quality of Narain’s Scrying Goggles? Having them as common means that the person on the quest has to ensure every corpse is looted, rather than being able to ML them to the correct person.
why were at it up it to like 50%
While we’re on the case of #somechanges, how about attack power world buffs also affect hunters ranged attack power? Not just melee.
And make Rend’s haste bonus affect ranged weapons as well.
Removing the autoshot 500ms “check” before the .5s “cast” would be appreciated as well.
The threat generation of Ectoplasmic Distiller was known about in Vanilla, and used by guilds. The hotfix of this is unnecessary not only due to this, but because nobody is being forced to use it. Threat is certainly not a non-issue in Classic, but it isn’t a major issue for many guilds. If anything, the threat generation from this item would be a boon to tank specs that see minimal or no play (bear/prot pally) by allowing them to not have to rely on farming MCPs endlessly or running oom halfway through a fight from spamming GBoK.
That said, I understand the amount of possible cheese for guilds that do struggle with threat. But imo, even with the distiller, those guilds won’t be able to us the distiller nearly as much through AQ or especially Naxx anyway because of the increased player displacement during boss fights. And again, nobody has to use it.
I just think Blizz could have thought about this decision a bit more before insta-nerfing it.
Remove world buffs in raids. Remove the threat generation from diamond flask. Make AP buffs affect ranged as well as melee.
Ho no, not THIS again.
You mean, like LFG/LFR/Transmog/Shop services etc… ?
Retail is full of this “nobody is being forced to use it” features go ahead and have fun.
The fix is fine. Who want to trivialize (more than is it already) the content just for an item that was use by probably 0,01% of the playerbase ?
basically this post is “we dont care about collusion, we dont care about autoclicking or tagging addons, we dont care about mass reporting, we dont care about griefing, you asked for this”
I posted about problems with Rend buff on layered realms after the world buffs hotfix in the bug forums. Hoping this can be fixed.
Here are today’s hotfixes
August 4, 2020
- The Blue Scepter Shard, Green Scepter Shard, and Red Scepter Shard quest items are now Epic quality.
- Developers’ note: We’re changing the item quality on the Scepter Shard quest items to Epic (purple) so that they’ll be easier to distribute to the correct person in raids using Group Loot or Master Looter.
- Fixed an issue that caused C’Thun within Temple of Ahn’Qiraj to incorrectly delay casting Eye Beam when engaging in combat.
#Open the transfers
" WoW Classic
- Fixed a bug that prevented Frost Wands from weakening Viscidus in Temple of Ahn’Qiraj."
What complete utter nonsense. Frost Wands should work now, but not the Warblade of Caer Darrow that has built in frost damage?
Not to mention Holy damage, being RESISTED - blocked, parried, etc.
Gee a PALADIN NERF…
Holy resistance outside of level difference
Barov sword nerf
It’s almost like they hate Paladins all over again.
I encountered this bug on retail a few weeks ago on my priest. Even put in a bug report as well. Any news if that bug was fixed as well?
and the transfers when?