WoW Classic Faction Reputation Gained Incorrect

Currently playing through WoW Classic as a human warrior. I have quested through all 3 starting zones with my warrior in order to maximize my Alliance reputation gained. So far, I have completed questing all through Northshire Abbey, Anvilmar, The Shadowglen, Elwynn Forest, Westfall, Dun Morogh, Loch Modan and Teldrassil. I’m currently questing through Darkshore, and I had turned in “Tools of the Highborne” when I noticed something odd. My Darnassus reputation increased by 11 (eleven) when it should have increased by 110 (One Hundred Ten). Wowhead states the base reputation gained from that quest is 100 (One Hundred). That plus the 10% (Ten Percent) from my character’s passive Diplomacy buff for being Human should equal 110 (One Hundred Ten). I’m spelling it out for you, Blizzard, to make damn sure there is no confusion here. In addition to that quest, there have been numerous other quests where I have been shortchanged on reputation gained from each turn-in. Obviously, I am not happy about these occurrences. I would ask that you please investigate, confirm, and resolve this issue as soon as humanly possible. I have a sneaking suspicion that this is not isolated to Humans. Other classic races of Azeroth on both factions could be affected by this bug. Who knows how many players have missed out on reputation gains they have rightfully earned? Thank you, be safe, and stay healthy.

Sincerely,
Character Name: Raymønd
Server Name: Atiesh

Look in your quest log. Is the text for these quests grey colored? Because similar to mobs, quests go grey at a certain point. Just like how grey quests give much less exp, they also only give 10% reputation.

Yes, the quests listed at the top of my quest log are in greyed out text. I honestly did not know about the experience to reputation ratio. Is that working as intended in WoW Classic? Based on the data provided by Wowhead, all quests should yield the maximum reputation gained regardless of the character’s level. Seems fishy if you ask me.

This is as intended.

This was changed in BC to make quests give full reputation no matter whether they still give exp or not.

You lose 20% of the rep per level you are over the quest level in Vanilla until sometime in late TBC.

@Velenno and @Solia,

Thank you both for the informative posts. It seems now, I must wait for TBC to go live in order to get the most from my experience playing WoW Classic. I recreated this character after realizing too late that the Chained Essence of Eranikus trinket I sold to a vendor could be given to Itharius in his cave for his Oathstone of the Green Dragonflight in addition to a quest. I tried using the Item Restoration Service to get it back, but like I said, it was too late. The item had already been purged from the database.

Now, it looks like I will have to recreate this character a second time thanks to the game’s uncompromising reputation mechanic. This is not what I had hoped my WoW Classic experience would be. Needless to say, I’m a little frustrated. I request the developers take note of this circumstance and hear my plight. Please let players gain 100% of the reputation awarded from quests, regardless of what level their characters are in both WoW Classic and at the start of The Burning Crusade. Thank you for reading, and happy (healthy) gaming to all.