WoW Classic Era Traditional realms

I would like to preface this by saying that I do not want anyone to think I don’t want people to enjoy Classic, Classic TBC, Seasons of Mastery or Retail. I have seen too many posts and discussions putting down people on both sides. This is simply to help get Blizzard’s attention that there are in fact many people that want a more traditional Classic Era experience.

I see no issues whatsoever that people want WoW+ or “somechanges”. I think this will be refreshing option for people that want something different out of Classic Era WoW. But there is also a large crowd that enjoy Classic Era or Vanilla for what it is. They don’t want massive changes or a deviation of what Classic WoW was/is. They understand the pros/cons, benefits/disadvantages, and what to expect.

I have been following the forums here, Reddit posts, Youtube videos and multiple Discords. What I see is many people bummed out that there hasn’t been any mention of Classic Era release that is more along the lines of how it was released a few years back. I understand that there are “Classic Forever” realms that offer this but that’s not what myself and as well as many others want.

By Traditional style realms, I am talking about:

• No accelerated timeline
  • World buffs (I feel Chronoboon Displacer is a nice middle ground)
  • No tuned bosses
  • No accelerated XP gain
  • No Summoning Stones
  • No or minimum layering
  • No Cross Realms

I’m not here to split hairs and say that adding artificial MS in order to create Vanilla WoW is necessary or other silly changes like that.

2 Likes

nobody wants muh world buffs anymore dude.

3 Likes

You’re gonna find out

1 Like

Chronoboon Displacer sucks.

The only reason it exists is for massive crybabies who can’t level an alt.

you shouldn’t have to play an alt just to keep muh precious WBs on your main
the whole system is ridiculous and that’s why it’s been shunted.

1 Like

You don’t need WBs on your main at all, they’re 100% optional.

If you decide that you want to keep WBs on your main until raid, that is YOUR CHOICE. Even if your guild requires it, that is YOUR CHOICE to raid with that particular guild.

PvPers do the same thing. If you want to play arenas but your teammates aren’t online, you either quit your team (which has a penalty) or you do so on another character.

However modern WoW players are the ultimate crybabies if Blizzard doesn’t spoon feed them a totally “on rails” raiding experience with no possibility of uncomfortable trade offs.

2 Likes

WBs are retarded and have always been retarded.

1 Like

Nobody is forcing you to use them, so what does that make you?

3 Likes

The no wbuff shills don’t even make any good point about anything. Their response is always something rabid and salty, almost as if they were just trampled over last server one way or another. These types of players are also not good at the game in general, I’ve noticed

3 Likes

just ignore Mindtrick and Lazarak. WBs are so obviously terrible that anyone acting like they’re ok can be nothing more than a troll at this point. pretty sad that they have nothing better to do.

1 Like

They aren’t doing normal fresh servers. They are only doing SoM or they would have announced normal servers at the same time.

Not happening.

It’s true, they are SO MAD about the existence of something that is 100% optional and isn’t required to use at all, lol. And their logic is always circular, usually some variation of: “world buffs are bad because they are awful, and anyone who says otherwise is dumb”

Because an actual logical argument would require them to admit that they are very upset and emotional about something which is 100% optional, lol.

There is not exactly an overabundance of brain cells with that group, I’m afraid.

4 Likes

They are also the people who quit early on, play the game linearly as if ignoring the entire point of classic to begin with (everything outside of raiding), and usually love retail and love to buy blizzard dresses for their toons

3 Likes

There really isn’t. You’re talking like 10k people or less. Tourists who want to level for a month then stop playing on private server, don’t count.

That nice thing is that now that SoM will come out, all the tourists can go there and hopefully there can be an option for players that are more interested in a Tradition vanilla experience (or one similar to the release we had a few years back) have a place to be.

10k players would be a nice size for 1 or 2 realms without the need for layering or cross realms.