WoW Classic Era and Hardcore Patch Notes - Version 1.15.3

Please revert these changes. Classic Era should remain as the game it was in Patch 1.12 — a museum for those who enjoy this version of the game most. This decision, along with the decision not to leave even a single permanent server for TBC and WotLK, will serve only to push even more players towards illicit means of playing their favorite versions of the game. And wasn’t half the point of the Classic project to make these versions of the game officially and permanently accessible for those who wanted them, so people wouldn’t have to do that in the first place?

15 Likes

Hi welcome to blizzard! We don’t value our customers opinions and we don’t really care. Press 1 to order aggrend a large cheese pizza

7 Likes

So you accidentally release a bunch of changes on a version of the game that’s supposed to be a museum piece, with no statement or warning. And then more than a day AFTERWARDS you release patch notes documenting the changes, and expect us to believe it was all on purpose?

This actually has to be the most incompetent dev team in industry history. Every single one of you should be fired. It’s baffling. This is Era. It’s supposed to be a museum piece. Why can’t you just let us enjoy our game? You have utterly failed the community. There’s a reason no one trusted you people with our game. None of you should be allowed anywhere near this game.

I’m gone. For good.

16 Likes

Be to or finding a private server like turtle wow

8 Likes

BOOOOOOO, YOU GUYS ARE LAZY. Classic means classic.

4 Likes

alex was right

5 Likes

I would really like to understand your reasoning for these changes. Era at this point is supposed to be a timecapsule where nothing should change. The bulk of players have already gone through it and everyone left are the people choosing to be there BECAUSE of the way the game is. There shouldnt be any changes made to Era and especially no class changes at this point. This version is already considered a masterpiece and should not be touched at this point.

19 Likes

It absolutely is productive. If someone proves incompetent at their job and their incompetence is affecting others, the only “productive” move is to replace them with somebody who is actually competent. You act like people deserve to remain in their position by default regardless of whether or not they can do the job.

This dev team has proven themselves completely incompetent, and at this point the only productive move is to fire them and get a team who respects the Classic playerbase. It’s that simple.

8 Likes

imma be real, i think this was completely unintentional and they couldn’t figure out how to revert it lmao

9 Likes

I do find it amusing how much people are freaking about extremely irrelevant changes that were probably accidental anyways, oh no a druid might use a polearm.

Now if they’d added baseline FAP to everything that would have been interesting.

2 Likes

Therein lies your mistake. Those content creators you’re referring to are not gamers.

The Original Era content creators, like 2 people originally but has since grown but all who actually been playing here on Era since the beginning haven’t been asking for this. Nor have their handful of subs who play alongside them.

Those streamers/content creators Pre-Era just REPORT on the game and do publicity stunts for subs.

8 Likes

So when the other retail UI coming you know for “management”

1 Like

He posted it at 5pm Pacific then walked out the door. He knew what the response would be.

6 Likes

you mean them youtubers and streamers who DON’T PLAY THE GAME like Esfand who got ally pallys seal blood I’m sure he’s still playing era…olh

3 Likes

It’s sad to see out of all the bugs you could have changed, you decided to implement a system that has accidentally bled over from SoD and you are now refusing to revert. What about the guard aggro bugs in Booty Bay. What about the hidden dispel cache underneath Orgrimmar. What about consistent evade/terrain bugs in the base game. Yet you release this UI change under the guise it was meant to happen? How is this the first actual change you’ve made to Classic…re-read that sentence. You are CHANGE ing Classic. Can you not see the hypocrisy in this release?

12 Likes

Here’s a few more things to add:

WoW Token
LFD
LFR
Guild banks
Achievements
Store mounts

1 Like

I don’t act like people deserve to remain in positions whether or not they can do the job. You, me, and anyone who’s just a player don’t know whether the devs have or haven’t failed at their job. For all we know they were told to get all the classic versions of the game to use the same interface. It’s also 100% possible it was unintended to be added to era. I don’t know that. You can think that it was a failure, but unless you work for blizz you don’t know either.

All I am actually saying is:
If it’s desired to get these changes reverted, we are much more likely to be listened to if we keep our feedback constructive.

If you saw a previous post of mine in this very thread I 100% support era being kept unchanged from the 2019 version we had.

I don’t know if one place is better for feedback than another, but I would suggest that anyone who’s unhappy with this in addition to posting here also use the suggest feedback feature in-game.

1 Like

Sorry, but this is just silly. It’s abundantly clear what the feedback is. Expressing our anger is exactly the best way to show how much we hate what they’re doing. It’s not like anyone can read any of the responses here and say “gee the players sure are angry about something but we just can’t figure out what it is!”

6 Likes

Why not just a shiny token that auto-feeds your characters into retail?
Like what they’ve offered to do with MoP Remix once its run is ended.

They put out Classic so grudgingly and pranced around like they were something when all the subs came flooding back in 2019. Backend infrastructure on the same with retail tho? Oh don’t worry - Classic is not going anywhere. We have these pos design pillars like things being or remaining familiar. They threw #nochanges out pretty quickly but Era was supposed to remain as it was and players stayed there because it wasn’t progressing.

Stop lying, Blizzard, and hire some dudes on Upwork or Fiverr since you lack the expertise in house to get these garbage bleedover changes out of Era.

3 Likes

So when are you adding horde paladin and alliance shaman since you want to ruin everything else in classic era?

4 Likes