WoW Classic Character Clone Pricing Update

A far more reasonable price but should be at the most $10. Maybe have a package deal that costs $35 to copy all of your characters to both.

Also any chance you will have a Deluxe Edition version that is cheaper and doesn’t have the boost? Some of us like having the digital editions but not the boosts.

7 Likes

It’s a fair price point. I was thinking $10, but $15 is fair. Thanks for reviewing this and acting on it.

8 Likes

WoW! I wasn’t going to play classic TBC due to the old outrageous cloning prices, but since you guys are finally listening to the community I’ll help with the positive feedback loop and clone both my classic characters, nothing to lose at this point since the price has been halved. Thanks, Blizz!

4 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

Aren’t we forgetting them sending out random prices to tbc testers saying what they would pay ranging from 10-45? Most said 10-15 so they said let’s see how they react to 35. Oh they didn’t like that let’s go back to what the majority said.

4 Likes

Thank you this is much more affordable

2 Likes

Well its common Greedvision practice. I know players who were ready to cancel their subs because of the outrageous prices.

2 Likes

In a way I agree, but at the end of the day this is a choice for us to make. Do you want to stay in Classic for free or go to TBC for free? Or do you want to go to both and pay a service. From that perspective getting charged for it is a fair concept.

I think the only way better might be to just straight up let us copy whole accounts or not instead of per character. At the end of the day I have no good idea how much it would cost to duplicate every account if they did that for free, but I do assume that does cost them something not negligible and if it was free a lot of people would hit that button just in case they decide Classic is more fun than TBC Classic.

As far as the price drop I’m a bit shocked they lowered the price. It’s a good change and it’s what it should have been around initially. We really never should have gotten here to begin with. The fact that we had to balk at their $35 price to begin with is pretty ridiculous though so I’m not exactly singing praises for them for realizing they were being absurdly greedy. You don’t just slash the cost of your service by 50% because you did something right and it really just goes to show how arbitrary the fee was to begin with, at the end of the day this close service really is just a money printer for them they just decided to go with $100s instead of $1000s.

At the end of the day they’re still trying to find every way they can monetize classic in ways I don’t really approve of and I think they just decided that the PR nightmare of a $35 clone wasn’t worth the headache and potential ramifications it had for the future of Classic. They’ll work to keep them low and stretch it out to bring in every last cent they can.

It really is sad to know that we went from a model where their bread and butter just to make sure we stay subscribed to bring in their sub money and now feel they need to setup as many services to entice us with to make their living.

They’re directly financially motivated to make this change so again I wouldn’t exactly pile on the praise for them. Launching at $35 and realizing it’s a disaster is plain risky for a service that has been around since Vanilla. They clearly decided it’s not worth the risk, both financially and from a PR perspective.

And finally I just want to point something out: It’s really not. You’re copy + pasting instead of copy + cutting. I realize you have to spin this announcement, but there should be no confusion to the players here. Simply moving characters cost $25 without really having a data storage component to it. The idea that it had to be higher because it was a copy paste job is laughable and the proof is in the pudding. Copy + Cut is now LESS than just moving characters.

4 Likes

too bad we cant clone later then just on patch day. i was thinking i stay on classic for a bit then move to tbc later like 2 months down the road or something. can we do that? i mean if i choose to stay on classic can i move to tbc later?

2 Likes

Pure greed. It’s disgusting this costs anything.

14 Likes

Lvl 116 Vulpera mage

Now pull the ripcord on retail.

2 Likes

I’d kind of like the ability to “stall” on my character choices too but I know me and I’ll dither too long, lol. When the 18th comes up on us, I’ll make some choices and in the end, I can level more alts too!

1 Like

shilling for blizz xd

3 Likes

Then why offer the clone at all?

Classic Era only players can only really “count on” Classic Era only players.

2 Likes

Not only that, but the character is already copied lol. We’re literally just paying to unlock what is already done. It’s… weird.

5 Likes

So 5 alts is still $75 almost Double the amount that original TBC cost. You guys are getting closer to being reasonable.

The price needs to be $7-$10, somewhere in there would be fair.

Maybe a blue should go into what exactly it takes to clone our characters to justify the price? Because if this is a correct assessment then the price is disgusting marketing.

5 Likes

You can clone later. The clones are made, you just have to pay to unlock them after choosing where you go.

5 Likes

You have NO way of knowing what most voted. Just saying.

1 Like