WoW Classic Beta Update

You totally would have seen me there, if you had not focused on offering beta ONLY to streamers & those who watch their streams, instead of y’know, people who (pay to) actually PLAY your game? Yep, I’m a little bitter not because I didn’t get chosen but because of HOW you decided to choose. I’ve been a loyal customer since the moment I first launched WoW back in 2005, but because I do not stream nor choose to watch someone else play your game I’m not in your testing pool.

That is entirely untrue. I’m neither a streamer nor a follower… I’d rather actually play the games than watch someone else do it. I was in the beta. You need to grow up and lose the whiny entitled attitude. It ill-becomes an adult.

5 Likes

Childish much. Geesh. You want a pacifier too.

1 Like

The toxicity of this player base is over whelming!

1 Like

Fitzed that for you.

Is there any mention of the timing of the End of Days Beta even on the 12th?

Goes both ways ya know. It may slow down production of addons at launch but once it’s live they will not have had months of full fledged beta testing to find those API loopholes.

Any further word on whether people will need a sub for this test? While it made some sense for the earlier tests, to get the largest group of people involved globally, it makes sense to relax the restriction for this one event and hammer the servers with as many people from around the world as you can. A lot of people see the subscription requirement as a cash grab and will intentionally pass on the stress test, depriving you of possible numbers.

2 Likes

I’m curious if its ruffling any feathers inside corporate that people are more excited for the game you released 15 years ago than the game you’re still ruining… I mean developing?
That being said, I’m grateful you actually listened and are going through with it. I never chose to play on illegal servers, just a personal moral thing. I can’t even stomach retail anymore. Its so much a “hero simulator”, I get depressed playing it. It says alot, when you’d rather wand a hog down and get excited about the green bracers it dropped than go god mode everywhere you are and get pelted with epics and it literally rains gold, which now means nothing because the economy is trash…

1 Like

The people “inside” blizzard is why we have this trash can called BFA

July, 12th is on which time zone? What specific time would Beta be shut down?

1 Like

According to fake developers on 4Chan it really is, and the Classic team is the only one actually happy to come to work each day…

But who knows how accurate that is.

ples blizz let us keep playing the beta past 12/7 its amazing to play the game again ples let us keep playing .

I have a question. For the next stress test coming up on July 25-26 is it going to allow continuing characters from the last stress test or is everyone starting all over again requiring everyone to make characters again.

Seems Blizzard has not provided a lot of information ahead of times about the stress tests. Sad that the closed beta also turned out to play ground for the streamers. Anyway does anyone know if we have to start over on the next stress test?

So, when is the event on the BETA ?

1 Like

who knows try posting on the BETA fourms to see

Presume any time given in these forums to be based on the time in Irvine, California unless otherwise specified.

Really odd that there’s no word on the end of beta event when it is announced in this post that there would be one. I don’t understand the thought process behind this… come on blizzard!

I would imagine since they want to simulate a worldwide launch, and the US isn’t getting an early start, that all characters will be wiped and you have to start over.

This is not uncommon both for Blizzard and for almost every other gaming company.

1 Like

Ouch just realized the changed date…I’ll be away 25th/26th. sadface