WoW Classic Beta Update

I was working on Questie under the assumption there was at least a month of time left. It’s only july 3rd

1 Like

Fortunately, the only thing my AddOn was doing, was to let players accept quests instantly even with “Instant Quest Text” turned off. At first, there was one bug that caused it to not work at all - but I fixed it on the first stress test. Then, on the 3rd stress test, the AddOn somehow made me unable to enter Warsong Gulch (even though it had nothing to do with the battleground queue or enter button)

What happened to the days of just buying a game when its released?

19 Likes

Amen! Really appreciate everything you guys are doing to make Classic happen.

Eh… You can’t please everyone. I am just happy that we’re getting Classic, something I’ve wanted for years, and it’s right around the corner! :wink: Yeehaaa!

6 Likes

so, what about Classic Summer, then? Open beta on July 16th?

4 Likes

I’m shocked they’re not having people test the 40-60 and endgame content. They can say they’re doing this internally (and obviously they are), but considering the number of bugs and inconsistencies found in the Beta…I’d say their internal testers don’t do a great job.

And the timing on some of the dates is unfortunate and really seems like they’re trying to squeeze sub time out of players.

22 Likes

There’s your answer. You should work on your reading comprehension. It would do wonders for you.

1 Like

too much #nostalgia

About time. Beta had run its course and population was dwindling. Plus, we can finally put an end to all the “DID I GET BETA?” posts. And the beta testers can be brought back down to earth with the rest of us.

1 Like

I’m worried about this too. Players could greatly help to find bugs…
If the end game content is bug it could be annoying.

4 Likes

Regional Closed Betas on the 16th, maybe? But I doubt it at this point. Sounds like they have decided on their path forward up through the end of the month, and with just over 2 weeks before character creations start at that point, I don’t see a 2 week open beta happening in the context of an open stress test have been explicitly scheduled previously.

Of course, it could be possible the stress test will morph into open beta. And the open phase is remaining under wraps to put the stress into stress test.

1 Like

Yeah, the timing on that one seems to be explicitly chosen in order to milk 1 month subs out of the more rabid Classic fans who weren’t already subbed.

5 Likes

Nah, I resubbed for the second stress test just because I thought that if another wave went out, I wanted to be eligible. But now that the beta is over I have no interest in pissing away another $15 for a stress test. Got my fill.

See ya’ll on the 27th.

6 Likes

Especially the timing of release that also seems like they’re trying to squeeze as much launch-day lag as possible, and then once it’s fixed, to send students to school, so the fix is in vain.

3 Likes

Glad to hear that the game is ready for launch early and you will have a chance to sit back and make sure all the little things can be finished before August 27th. Hoping the hunters are all cleaned up.

Any chance this can be extended for a few more days, to give some of us a chance to test addons in production, etc. And to give a wider group some more playtime with it?

4 Likes

and to fix them, and whatever.

Thanks for closing the beta and not increasing level cap, and saving end game content for the release.

9 Likes

Explain to me why the hype was dying down then?

You have no argument. This is a positive change.

1 Like

Did you read the post? They’ve been testing 50-60 content internally for months, since before the beta even came out. You realize there are people inside Blizzard doing QA as well? That’s what the “Alpha” server is.

1 Like

Thank you for the opportunity Blizzard, I really enjoyed being able to help test the game and I look forward to the release.