WoW booster vs ffxiv booster solution

Wow- encourages boosting cause it increases token sales, has president advertise it

Ffxiv- bans advertising of boosting in all group finder content. Only allowing those looking to pay to advertise therefore reducing boosting posts and forcing boosters to search through the normal group finder ques for someone willing to pay instead of a normal
Player searching through booster posts for someone who just wants to start a group.

Whelp another thing ffxiv does better then WoW. They should take note and implement a change like this. It wouldn’t erase boosting but it would def clear up the lfg page.

4 Likes

They also gana change their ToS for loopholes in FF14

The problem i have with the president boosting in WoW, is that the friends he makes or community he sells for is gana have massive RMT protection =p

2 Likes

Yea but it doesnt solve the issue either. The sells just adapt to the new rules. Its SE’s fourth “do nothing” change to combat it.

1 Like

A big reason why boosting spam is so bad in WoW is because the groups/individuals doing the boosting offer kickbacks to other players for running ads. That’s how there’s an infinite supply of ad mules.

If there were something requiring the character that would be providing service to be the one advertising, the spam would be reduced to maybe 10-20% of what it is presently. This is why I’ve been in favor of the addition of a carry tab on the LFD window which is the only place the ToS allows advertising - that makes carries a system that the game can impose rules on and thus can put a stop to third parties advertising for carry providers. That also neatly sweeps the remaining ads into its own little corner that nobody has to ever look at if they don’t want to.

1 Like

FF isnt wow, the devs and gms actually do stuff. It is no where near what it is in wow, you cant even use chat channels.

You are so use to crap support you think its the same =p

2 Likes

The only way they can adapt is by searching for players who are willing to pay for runs in lfg.

If they try to advertise cleverly as a player looking to buy but are actually selling they will get banned as SE actually does enforce their rules

2 Likes

I honestly hope so. The whole “boosting” fad is ridiculous, in my opinion. I don’t understand the obsession people have with wanting accolades they did not actually earn.

It would be like people being able to buy Oscars or Championship trophies with their names engraved in them. Whatever happened to actually earning things? If you cannot do the activities, then I’m sorry to say but the game just isn’t for you.

1 Like

Yea thats why the people openly in the community say that gil buyers dont get banned? Thats why the profession bots have become so rampant?

Come on – banning low level accounts made to advertise does nothing to actually stop those problems. Its why these same gil sellers already adjusted their practices after the changes happened – because it doesnt really stop the practice.

Its literally the same as them raising the level to start a PF group to 10 – small inconvenience that the sellers adjust to.

1 Like

They will do what they always have done and not ask for payment until you are in the discord – unless SE would just ban any PF group that gives a discord link which would be monumentally dumb.

1 Like

Its not just low lvl accounts, gil and gold buying are rampent in every game, you can only do so much.

In game advertiseing like in wow trade chat is its own beast, you litterally have 5 people from the same service spamming over each other.

If you cant tell the diff between that and what you are talking about, then its lost and you need to play a diff game so you remember what its like :expressionless:

I guarentee you services like houken, gally, whatever other services are out there will never happen in ff. Will there be a group of people? Sure, and they will be repoted and actually have stuff happen to them. But the scale on how it is in wow i dont see how you can possiblely compare it to anything.

2 Likes

They already are and exist.

Not on the scale of what wow has, i did forget the word scale. You cant tell the diff, its lost on you.

Show me a community with that many people in it, also show me in FF the chat where its advertised to where you cant even ask a question in game.

1 Like

cause it has existed since the don of time. because it encourages a functioning economy. the wow token is a recent addition in the over all lifespan of the game.

FF14 isn’t doing it better, its limiting the player economy to only a fixed way to play. like a government telling you, you are not allowed to pay someone to mow your grass, you have to do it yourself, or you are not allowed to take Work program classes to build up work experience so your resume isn’t Blank or limited to high school graduation.

1 Like

You sound like someone throwing words together thinking it makes you sound knowledgeable, when actually knowledgeable people are just chuckling at you…

please present an argument that disproves my hypothesis.

in What economy are you only allowed to buy goods and services from “official” business operated by a corporation?

are you running a little privately owned store? well you are not allowed to advertise your store. you are, however allowed to serve customers who specifically reach out to you.

1 Like

More than accolades I think the attraction is character power. Some just want to pwn noobs in battlegrounds while others want a character-trophy, but either way these players want character power.

My theory is that the prevalence of boosting is almost inversely proportional to the power gap between the average character and top-ranking character: the larger the gap, the more boosting there will be. As alluded to earlier in the thread some will boost even when there’s almost no gap because they’re lazy, but I think the overwhelming majority of boosters are after superpowered gear more than anything else.

So one way to reduce the appeal of boosting is simply to tame the power gap. There’s practically no point in buying a boost if doing so only yields an incremental power bump instead of transforming one’s character into a god.

1 Like

That’s a very interesting look at it. Thank you

I was simply thinking they wanted to be fake somebodies than real nobodies like Tom Ripley said

Blizzard doesn’t actively encourage boosting and there’s plenty of out of game means for people to sell boosting services and pay without WoW tokens. I know at least 3-4 people that have gotten banned for selling in the last 2 months.