Wow against the people! Pandaria Jewelcrafting

If you don’t want to hear this story scroll all the way to the bottom and at least read my last paragraph.
People of WoW,
I write and speak to you because,
I have been grinding for a while now to try and achieve the jeweled onyx panther mount. I got cloud serpent up to exalted (a lot of time) and Pandaria Jewel crafting up to 75 (a lot of gold).
I am also spending countless gold on trying to get more gems that help me create the 4 different panthers required to mold together to make the Onyx Panther.
Finally after spending 80,000 gold on orbs of mystery and a lot more on getting the proper gems I am ecstatic to finally be able to make the 4 panthers.
I make the 4 panthers and right click on them it says “are you sure you want to learn this mount?”
I say to myself “yeah! why would I not be?” I learn all 4 mounts just to find out that throughout this whole process that I can’t learn a mount because it alters the creation of the one I actually wanted (Onyx Panther).
furiously, I contact support. they mention to me that I was properly warned. warned? how? you gave me no consequence to my actions before hand. That what a warning is!
It should’ve said “learning this panther as a mount will alter the creation of other panther mounts.”
What if a fire alarm warning on a door just said “are you sure you want to go out this door?” you would say yes! why not?
instead the sign give you a precaution as too what will happen if you exit this door. (if you exit this door the fire alarm in the whole building will go off).
They say you should’ve visited wow head. They say this because people are warning you themselves to not create these mounts because the game doesn’t do a good enough job of it.
Through the long conversations, I demanded to be compensated. Something needed to happen in order for me to feel good about this whole dilemma.
They refused to compensate me and mentioned they simply couldn’t (of course they can’t, they can’t do anything.)
There needs to be better warnings in this game for players to not suffer like I did. If you are reading this. I have spent upwards of 175,000 gold on trying to get this mount and have now gone completely bankrupt. World of Warcraft is against the player and refusing to help me out.
I am Xin on realm Malygos (Alliance) and am looking to the people of WoW to help me out in my quest to get this mount.
Please! any gold to me helps because I have none now and I know WoW will not do anything about this.
Thank you guys,
Love you!

Is this the first mount you have ever learned? They tend to disappear from your bags once you learn them, meaning that the mount you crafted can no longer be used as a crafting reagent.

Maybe Blizzard could have been a little more specific in the warning, specifying that the item used to learn the mount would no longer be in your bags, but that starts to get a little wordy and by the time you get to that point in the game, you should have realized that fact already with a much cheaper mount.

Blizzard doesn’t really need to compensate you as it confirmed you wanted the mounts before you learned them and you received the mounts in your collection. You are the one who failed to notice the items disappearing from your bags or properly investigating the item requirements for the Onxy mount.

That said, you might try the item restoration process. I don’t think it will unlearn the mounts for you to return the mount items, but I have reversed DE’s in the past. You might also try submitting another ticket, being polite, and asking if the GM can reverse the use of the items for you, understanding that you will loose access to the four mounts.

I would also check the price of the mounts on the AH versus what it costs to craft them, a lot of players used to use them to transfer gold and would sell the mounts at a loss on their new servers.

1 Like