Wow 2.0 for 2024?

Ok been here since 2006. DF is a good expansion, except for professions, i mean for a solo player that cant be on 16 hours a day professions suck. Its time for wow 2.0 i mean really wow has had a great run but its done. maybe after the microsoft buy out it will happen.

2 Likes

You think WoW 2.0 would be a better game for solo players?

6 Likes

no, i just want a more modern wow thats all. the proffesion comment just me being mad at it lol,

I’d like the same game with the engine redone. Maybe updated textures and what not, but definitely redo the engine it runs on.

Idk anything about tech, but I know I get 30 FPS in Valdrakken and 100 FPS in AAA games on max settings. Something ain’t right.

3 Likes

Just license Unreal engine and make everyone happy.

I’m against the idea of a WoW 2.0…but I just wanted to point out, that even if they started today it wouldn’t be out in 2024.

A completely new MMO would take years. Maybe by 2027-2028 at the earliest…and that’s assuming they don’t decide to scrap it all together like the last MMO they tried to make.

1 Like

There will not be, and there shouldnt be, a wow 2.

7 Likes

World of Warcraft is headed to pasture like Everquest

It was a good run but after the article in PC Gaming I think its almost over.

Graphics can only be updated so much its the old saying you can only polish an old poo so much then its over.

Most of the mechanics are just outdated at this point.

Lets face the fact that World of Warcraft had a great run

3 Likes

DF is WoW 10

Hard pass. I love wow and will play wow, but if I invest in another MMO… it had better be new and original!

WoW 2 ?Look at Overwatch 2 and thats what WoW 2 will be like.
More or less the same thing with tiny subtle different.
Activision Blizzard already have WoW 2 in development. No new engine, just enhance with latest DX12 Extreme tech. No Unreal Engine. It would take more than 10+ years to build new assets from ground up.

If the pasture actually looks like Everquest’s, I would be ok with that. They still release an x-pack every year. In fact, this year’s will be x-pack 30.

I’m not sure how big the x-packs are, but that is still pretty good for a game that is out to pasture.

2 Likes

No MMO sequel has ever worked you are correct.

Once World of Warcraft starts losing money it will go FTP then microtransaction city.

Should be FTP at this point it doesnt hold the revenue anymore.

Not a bad thing they will just recycle it like other MMO

2024 :rofl:
nice one

A full blown WoW 2.0 by 2024? Do you feel that is realistic, if development has not yet started?

Bro…TBC was WoW 2.0. We are currently on WoW 10.0

2 Likes

All the major work force and resources are being pool into the ActiBlizz new survival mmo atm.
That is why they bring back Chris Metzen.

I think they’re more likely to let this game die than they are to actually do anything major to improve it at this point. Minimum viable product is all we should expect.

Not wise to scrap mmos in hopes for a 2.0 really. Take a look at maplestory 2 for an example. Taking away everyones hard work is pretty dumb. Wouldn’t expect you to understand that being only around 10k achievement points.