WoW 2 is The Long, Awaited Hope

Oh, is that so? Can you show me your market analysis on how you arrived at this conclusion? Looking forward to seeing your commentary over existing brands’ financial positions and EPS futures, as well as the blended EBITDA projections from said brands that helped you determine this is a dead market.

I’ll wait, because you obviously must know something that the entire finance team over at Riot missed when putting together their capital budget and ROI projections for their upcoming MMO.

1 Like

I don’t need to be a weatherman to tell you which way the wind is blowing. Smarter people than us have tried and they fail time after time. You don’t need to worry. WoW is going to be around for a long, long time.

Lol, yeah… standing outside and putting your finger up is comparable to the dynamics of the stock market and company performance.

Cya.

1 Like

In many ways modern WoW is WoW2 in other ways it’s just a retread of the same stale formula.

Graphics wise retail is pretty amazing for the style of art. Game wise it’s still just tab target attack table game play running in the background.

I assume you want a change to the latter.

But to what?

On another note, WoW2 aside, what modern WoW needs are classic style closed servers (no transfers, no boosts, no cross realm, no LFR, no auto queue for dungeons) but with more guild and community building tools added in.

Asking for a WOW 2 is almost the literal definition of insanity. The same developers giving you patches today will take 4-5 years to rebuild WOW with better graphics. The game play will practically the same because it is the same developers. Heck, they might even use the same game engine with some updates.

2 Likes

If it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

lmao.

1 Like

Considering this game is already on its second engine, this one is a non-issue. They could create a new engine and update the game accordingly.

Nobody cares if they make a WoW 2. It’ll suck. You don’t just magically get a good game from a company that has become extremely bad at development.

1 Like

If wow2 was every put out how many of us do you actually think would switch over?.
The only reason I and assume many others play wow at this point is just because we have so much time spent invested in it. Actiblizz can not be trusted to make another mmo and have it be successful.

2 Likes

The long awaited hope that will never happen.

The only way there will ever be a ‘WoW 2’ will be if Blizzard time skips by a few hundred or thousand years and gives us a completely different setting. If you seriously expect them to re-release the same MMO they have now but on a new engine, well, sorry dude, but it’s never going to happen.

If you can’t build a good house, the construction material won’t matter.

1 Like

Fortnite has a great engine as it can be played on a Samsung fridge

Other MMOs had these first. DAoC added skirmishes and had Darkness falls. UO and AC had zones that dwarfed WoW. EQ’s story is far beyond WoW. What WoW had was an accessible EQ lite set in a popular franchise.

1 Like

Camp 4. Plus I doubt I will ever start playing another MMO. The time requirement is just to high.

I honestly don’t think current Blizzard has the capability or the ambition to make a game as big as WoW 2. Diablo 4 and Overwatch is as big as it gets.

And yet you suggest absolutely nothing about what it could be. What this “world of possibilities” even slightly entails. What would even be different between what we currently have and this vague hypothetical game. You aren’t suggesting anything at all beyond WoW but with a 2 on the end. Forgive me for not being blown away by your vision.

As someone that started EQ near the start, WOW was a MMO for casuals -, instances, less painful death, faster leveling and much lower downtime.

Staring at that dam book forever at the start, trying to get mana back and setup your spells you had available

*I can still hear that theme music when I close my eyes…

Oh ya and this… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKDkvy9sKuY

1 Like

That maybe true but WOW did it better, implemented them better and added better ideas.

I remember DAOC crashing a lot during its time and leveling wasn’t as engaging as WOW.

Camp #6:
If you don’t like SL what makes you think you’d like WoW2 that’d be made by the same people who make the game you don’t like now?

!!!WORLD OF WARCRAFT 2 LAUNCHES!!!

Months later

“Where is everyone?”

Oh they are doing [whatever they would call Mythic plus in wow 2]

1 Like

Why not add WoW 3 and skip 2 and hook it up with Steam and make it VR.

If your going to revamp revamp it with a VR set.

Who would not want to play wow with a VR headset?