WOW 15 Anniversary Event has us fighting iconic bosses?

In LFR we get to fight WOW’s iconic bosses? So its going to be a gauntlet of final bosses because I saw a mention of Keal’thas somewhere?

So my guess is we are gonna fight Vanilla Raggy > Kael’thas > Arthas > Madness of Deathwing? Or something to that effect?

And we do this to get the Deathwing Mount?

Something like that. Will probably be more information in September or Orctober.

Yeah, that was my impression to, but the details aren’t out yet.

Was curious if it would be an arena type of event or do we go to different locales to fight each boss.

I am nervous about it, because despite being LFR difficulty. These are Final Bosses we are dealing with.

Kael’thas is rather a pain to deal with with the mechanics I read about. Requiring us to put on the right Legendary Equipment given to us.

His fight was irritating if the one I am thinking of is the one they will use. He had 4 adds that attacked one by one, then he rezzes them and they attack at the same time.

Cant’ wait to get more information about this, must get a Deathwing mount!

I did see Kael’thas mentioned somewhere as one of the “iconic bosses”, and presumably one of the Deathwing fights will be in there somewhere.

(I hope the Deathwing fight is Spine. It would be an absolute hoot. For that matter, so would the Kael’thas fight.)

Seems to be the case, sounds fun BUT them saying it won’t be easy or so I remember someone mentioning them saying that makes me feel it’s going to be a cluster-mess of problems.

1 Like

And when is this?

During the 15th Anniversary celebration in November (can’t remember the exact dates off-hand).

Er, that was supposed to be a reply to Zimos.

I recall people being VERY disappointed with the Deathwing encounter in general.
Wouldn’t it be a treat for the following to happen?

• Deathwing gets to be fought as a full-sized dragon.
  • Through some time-travel shenanigans in the Caverns of Time, the whole 15th anniversary raid is NOT a limited-time event and the whole thing becomes a permanent addition to the game.

… probably wishful thinking, but it wouldn’t hurt if they’re adding it in.

Sorry. They’ve already said it’s not going to be a new raid, but a collection of iconic bosses (which I assume means they’re going to string together a bunch of existing fights).

It has been sort of confirmed in interviews that Kaelthas is one of them. This terrifies me. I still think it is to this date one of the longest and most mechanics involved fights. I shudder to think at a LFR fight.

Given that the mount is a deathwing look alike, you absolutely have to consider something from Dragon Soul. Spine makes the most sense, although I wouldn’t be surprised if Madness was also included.

And then there’s LK… oh lord. I still have nightmares from the Necrotic Plague back when current.

I wonder how far they will go, meaning how many bosses. I mean aside from those 3 as the most iconic, there are plenty of other fantastic and difficult fights.

Cthunn (more old god theme?)
Kiljaeden TBC
Lady Vashj TBC (considering anniversary will be with 8.2 live…)
Algalon
Yogg- no lights (with the old god theme?)
Grand Empress or Thunder King MOP
Blackhand WOD
aaaaaagain 3rd time? Karazhan
ugh, so many horrible possibilities.

It’s interesting to speculate. Some of the most iconic bosses have already been revisited in one way or another (I would definitely be thinking Ragnaros if we hadn’t already been back to him 2X, Firelands and the 10th Anniversary).

1 Like

I hope we have the chances for some good drops.

I just hope I win all the fights to get the Deathwing Mount.

We have like 2-3 Weeks to accomplish the LFR event. And I hope I am grouped with badasses.

1 Like