Would you still play WoW if Todd Howard directed?

For those who don’t know Todd Howard is:

He made fallout series games, recently launched Starfield

He over promises and under delivers, this video would help

So we are going to get the same expansion released in a different way, needing you to buy it each time…like 20 times over 15 years?

6 Likes

Let’s face it. Most of us left would play it if my grandma directed it because we’re hooked worse than the guy with the weird twitch standing by the offramp.

8 Likes

Hello, I see you posted a thread about game directors. “It just works.” “16 times the detail.” Haha!

Thanks for your post and have a great day!

1 Like

Guy acting like getting Todd “The Rod” Howards would be a bad thing

Just imagine all the gnome lore we’d get cuz he’s like 4’2’’

3 Likes

Todd Howard makes bugs a feature in his games

Bethesdas bugs would make WoWs bugs look like the Mona Lisa

3 Likes

checking my notebook of Gamer™ Lore And Opinions

hmm yeah i don’t like this guy

2 Likes

Yeah but to get that gnome lore you would have to buy the special Shadowlands 5 year anniversary Deluxe edition at full price.

1 Like

Yea but it just works

Yea but you can just get it for like 5$ in a year

Honestly, probably not.

While I laugh at the Skyrim reference(s) cause they are bound to be more than one, WoW is not in the same genre as Elderscrolls or Starfield. If the director would embrace what WoW is run with that sure, but they are going to want someone who understands the core concepts, the history, lore, etc. to take over if Ian ever left.

Also problems aren’t always based on the director itself. Yes, they make many decisions, but the producers are also to blame. They are the ones asking for this and that. It’s up to the director to also make the producers happy, then the audience. They call more shots than you realize.

Really though, I doubt there is a good director out there that will be a good replacement unless they’ve been playing this game for 20 years and even then played the rest of the franchise when it was popular, and has experience in MMO design. You’re literally looking at a handful of people at that point. Maybe Metzen or some of the original designers who are blacklisted in the industry. You can’t rely on a streamer cause they won’t have the backbone to say no to the producers and most don’t actually care about the game itself.

I could keep going for hours on this topic… but will shut up now.

2 Likes

They better add this then

7 Likes

Hello, I see you replied to the thread. Haha, fixed that for you!

2 Likes

I’m a fan of most of the games he’s been in charge of so yes I would.

1 Like

Haha. I keep wondering why I play that game. I don’t really like it, just is like there on my desktop. Though I only play it for like 20 minutes at a time.

So the “rumors” are the voices in your head right?

shhh you’ll blow their minds! these are people who think elon musk personally designed the spaceX rocket ships and invented the electric car

2 Likes

And that would be a departure from current WoW how?

Because in a year there is the Shadowlands Super Deluxe you need to get instead for full price.

I wish the voices in my head told me video game rumors. Mine just tell me to stay on the couch.

7 Likes

Hello, I see you replied to the thread. The Jailer’s nipples have 16 times the detail, haha!

2 Likes