Would you roll less alts if max level PvP was more enjoyable?

Yay or nay ?

Do you get to 60 and say, well that’s it for this guy ? Time to roll an alt.

I’d roll more alts if pvp had templates. I quit because pvp isn’t to my liking.

I’m a pve mainly player but I love pvp games. Spent my twenties playing halo, battlefield, cod, dota2, etc. when I get bored with pve, I like to pvp. I just don’t like the power difference in this game.

6 Likes

The power difference isn’t rly the problem imo, because in the past we had resilience on gear, and if you didn’t have resilience on you got 3-5 hit no exaggeration but it was still fun. The problem is the amount of time and effort you have to put in to close those gaps. You shouldn’t have to upgrade your gear, then upgrade your legendaries, then upgrade your conduits while progressing through a PvE storyline to get renown etc. PvP was perfect when we had 1 set of honor gear and 1 set of conquest gear with no upgrades.

6 Likes

The issue is grind after grind of system after system. Legendaries. Conduits. Gem slots. All on top of having to acquire high level PvP gear. If you want to put in that level of grinding then you might as well play BDO instead.

Having more then 1 alt for pvp isn’t really an option the way shadowlands is designed.

4 Likes

I’d roll more alts if the end game was more forgiving of having a super undergeared character. They’ve helped with the random conquest boxes you can ship to new characters but there is still a huge wall behind conduits that is just horrendous to grind out.

2 Likes

This is what I currently do, leveling through PVP up to 60. If max level pvp were more enjoyable and didn’t have so many barriers to entry (conduits, gear grinding, legendaries) then I’d roll a lot of alts to experience a variety of play. This is what I did during Legion. I leveled a char up of each class and played them all in random BGs because I could just queue up and have fun thanks to scaling.

If max level had this same amount of barriers to entry but was fun, I’d pick a main and just play that.

2 Likes

There are certain classes/specs/covenants you can roll an be very successful with bg/korthia vers gear if you have a brain and some inner fortitude especially in casual content.

Legendaries take a few minutes to get basic entry level ones which is what’s most important and if you have gotten the covenents to max, you can have 40 reknown on that with any alt.

Don’t be scared bro you can do better then you think :slight_smile:

More alts.

For every expansion that had a good catchup mechanic for PvP, I stayed subbed for the majority of the content. Any expansion where alts were punished, I quit shortly after getting bored of my MC.

2 Likes

Hi my name is Masks and I’m an altohaulic.

2 Likes

PvP is fun, it is why I’m dedicated to one character at a time.

H Masks. I like your name :slight_smile:

if end game gearing wasn’t such a time sink, i would probably play more end game pvp.

I’m renown 39 already just by leveling through BGs and instances. I am assuming this will end at 40 but if it doesn’t, renown is a non-issue to me.

Honestly, if they let us buy one legendary with conquest/honor, and conduits the same way; at least we could just grind one system and I could work with that. It would be a boat-load of YOLO RBGs, but it would be way better than what I am about to do which is farm Torghast, farm instances, farm world quests, farm korthia, and farm Rated PVP.