Would you prefer a Time-Skip or Redo?

A time skip seems a lot better to me. Lorewise this has been stated to actually be the best of the most likely timelines, and pulling logs from the jenga tower tends to result in the universe collapsing or otherwise becoming warped into something unrecognizable. This is exactly what the twilights were up to and why we had to stop them.

On a more meta level, If the game has hit a point where one feels the only thing they can do to make it better is to effectively delete it and start over… why are you playing it? I would rather they fix the issues than try to go back and redo them. BFA was effectively a redo of MoP. Do you want that for all the expansions? I did not think so.

Playing for RP, for me. This way I can avoid the train wrecks like BFA and what will be Shadowlands. I’d much rather them go back and do things in a way that doesn’t tarnish the characters. Now, they have ideas as to where to go long term, so hopefully they can do it better a second time around.

BFA wasn’t functionally a redo of MoP, it was a repeat.

2 Likes

Not for Garrosh…

Seems super thorough - going to read through fully later.

Id choose redo, but only from BfA prepatch onward, dont go that far back, less likely to alienate people, and less jarring to the overall universe.

The problem with something like a time-skip is that you actually have not really repaired any of the damage done to say the forsaken for example. You cant just make people care about characters/make them interesting overnight. Those things especially in an MMO setting take a loooonnnnnggggg time.

2 Likes

I like the idea in theory… but the thing you run into is many of the things that people disliked about BFA play into Shadowlands occurring… so redoing it to avoid them makes the next expansion not occur… which means we didn’t go back… which means they occurred and didn’t at the same time.

Time travel is a paradox-tastic nightmare.

I mean we could just say we went right from legion into SL, then move forward from there, sure you’d have to change somethings about how we got to SL, but overall Id think it would be wayyyyy better, with only a few minior hiccups.

To be clear though, I dont think blizzard would ever do a redo, that would be them admitting they’re wrong, they almost NEVER do that.

I mean to people that point about the story ‘being ruined’ by a redo its already happened, they’ve retconned major points from previous expansions, or made past major story points not matter, remember BfA everyone? How they horde had to ‘find itsself again’, like…really…that only a dance you do once in a VERY VERY VERY long while.

1 Like