Would you play modern again?

If the idea of ‘Pristine’ servers were implemented as posited by Ion several months before the official classic wow servers announcement.

After all one of the main reasons (imo) a lot of us dislike modern wow is that the community that existed before 3.3 has largely disappeared. Pristine servers could foster a way for realm only communities to return.

Pristine servers would be without a lot of the modern QOL such as cross realm, connected realms, random dungeon and raid finders, and more. Server only communities.

Edit: It seems that pristine realms awould have to include a return to the classic wow era systems along with the major scaling back of QOL in order to be any good.

2 Likes

Pristine servers was a loser out of the gate. It came from Ion because he failed to understand the true motivation and desire for Classic.

34 Likes

For the higher population realms, those communities would be pretty cool.

For the low/medium population realms, that could end up being terrible.

2 Likes

It would take a lot more than those servers to make me play retail again. I will say, it would be a big step in the right direction though.

5 Likes

There are far, FAR too many things wrong with modern WoW for ‘pristine’ servers to fix.

12 Likes

no :black_small_square:

3 Likes

I’m sort of right there too really I do have a 120 character (this one) but its mostly because I kept holding on to the dream of the wow i loved in the past coming again one day. That’s coming in the form of wow classic.

But if they implemented pristine I would possibly play both.

3 Likes

This right here.

3 Likes

Nope, because my class would still just be reskinned caster - red.

3 Likes

Which apparently continues to be the case to this day.

2 Likes

If I took a dump in a box and called it pristine, would you buy it? BFA = Polished Turd.

5 Likes

Polished is a little hyperbolic.

5 Likes

There are enough followers who would gladly ask for a collector’s box edition of said polished :poop: (With a limited edition :poop: plushie)

2 Likes

no :black_small_square:

2 Likes

It was meant to be lol

I keep trying it out periodically…it’s simply not a very good mmorpg anymore…Classes all feel the same and boring and nothing feels worth fighting for…just my 2 cents.

5 Likes

It’s barely an mmorpg anymore at all. MMO, sure, although it’s moved towards being more of a lobby game. RPG is a real stretch at this point though.

5 Likes

Retail works for some. Classic works for others. Many Retail fans are gonna jump ship when Classic comes out, and maybe they’ll enjoy it enough to stay, or not.

They would need to fix the game at almost every level. Pristine servers alone wouldn’t really do it.

Even if you look at it as a lobby action RPG, BfA is still not very good at being that.

3 Likes

Pristine could work for me, but they would have to unwind changes to the classes and combat quite a bit too.

Speaking strictly as a Warrior tank, my favorite eras were Vanilla and BC. Tanking wasn’t a rotation and GOGO! it was a lot more.

BC has some wonky lore. I’ve read time and again why Kael’Thas, Illidan and Lady Vashj went to the outlands. How Kae’thas started the Blood Elves after Arthas resurrected Kel’Thuzad in the Sunwell damaging it forever. I’m just not sure how a hero of the Night Elves, the leader of the Blood Elves, and some Naga lady became the bosses? It’s just weird and a bit contrived honestly.

Vanilla and Wrath of the Lich King have the best story that actually fits the lore. I could never get into how easy most of Wrath of the Lich King was though. Its the tourist expansion.

3 Likes