Would this run Shadowlands?

I’ll admit that I’m a bit of a scrub, and play WoW on a laptop. My current laptop can barely run the game as it is, and is also dying since the thing is 7 years old.

I play on a laptop due to limited space in my itty bitty apartment, and while I would like a desktop, I just don’t have the space for one.

Here are the specs of the one I’m looking at:

2019 ASUS TUF 17.3" FHD Gaming Laptop Computer, AMD Ryzen 7 3750H Quad-Core up to 4.0GHz, 8GB DDR4 RAM, 512GB PCIE SSD, GeForce GTX 1650 4GB, 802.11ac WiFi, Bluetooth 4.2, HDMI, Windows 10

Will this work, or should I keep looking? I don’t speak computer well, so any help is appreciated.

What is your budget?
Rule of thumb with laptops is you try to get the best you can afford as most parts are not upgradable.

Budget is unfortunately limited. I’d like to keep it under 1000 if I can, but will go higher if I absolutely have to.

Newegg has the same? Laptop but with a 1660 ti, 16gb ram for $989. TUF705DU-KH74

Saw a comment about a newer model with newer cpu, 1tb pcie ssd for $1099 TUF706IU-AS76 but can’t pre-order it as supposedly available on the 13th. Amazon also has it on the website but a may in stock date.

If you’re comfortable with buying openbox/used laptops and willing to invest time into looking then there are a lot of options.

For that price range I’d look for…
CPU: Intel 6700/7700hq (recommend 8000/9000 series)and above or if you’re patient whenever AMD releases their newer laptop chips (Initial reaction seems promising)
GPU: gtx 1060/1660 (if used or you find a good sale)
Ram: 16gb
Storage: 250+ssd (recommend 500, but you can always upgrade later on)

I don’t know how much you value battery life but you have to give up something for that.

I used reddit hardwareswap to look for used items and reddit laptopsales when I am looking around for laptops.

1 Like

Thank you both! I’m looking around too to see what’s available.

Battery life can be sacrificed as necessary. Just looking for something that can run it without stuttering.

If you can wait

Hold out till whenever Shadowlands has 2 months left till launch, if you hold out this laptop will be your absolute best to watch for

They all refer to the one with the rtx 2060 model, which is $1450 as it just recently launch

However perhaps 6 months from now, assuming Shadowlands is an October/November launch, you can grab this should the price drop during the summer

Otherwise, theres also the cheaper models of this laptop but with lesser components

It would be the perfect laptop for Shadowlands

1 Like