Would people be interested in paid early access to Classic

No, take the cancer that is “modern game design” with its lootboxes and pay to win and ship it into the sun.

4 Likes

Yes, I would be willing to and am comfortable paying for early access.

I don’t like over saturated, spawn camping irregularities that occur upon content release. It is certainly not what I consider an “authentic experience”, it was an imposed technical limitation of the time.

“Hi Warrior, you need to start earning your keep around here, go kill ten boars and bring back their meat” type quests have a very different feel when its “Hi warrior go join the mass Boar Genocide and scour the furthest edges of the spawn area for any surviving boars, make sure you camp the respawns for at least 15 minutes”.

My authentic vanilla experience is being out in the world seeing another player and it being an out of the ordinary interaction, like “wow what are you doing out in the depths of feralas”, unless it is specifically part of the design of the zone (like how silithus is an offensive, with people farming the twilight camps, in that it is supposed to feel populated).

Being surrounded by 20 other players, or having all mobs in sight tagged, waiting on the named mob to respawn is not authentic to me.

After thinking about, I discovered one idea that i would accept in regard to early access…

They are restricted to only one pre-mandated server for each type (PVE, PVP, RP-PVE, RP-PVP). That will keep them all together, and for those of us completely against this, we can decide whether we go to that server, or simply pick a server with no early access. That way, we both get what we want. Those who don’t mind paying to get first bite can have that, and for the rest of us, we can choose not to be on that server if we want when release proper takes place.

That is the only compromise I will make on this matter. If this is introduced, and they are not restricted, then I will be spending my money on something else.

2 Likes

How do I put a meme in here?

Because of course we wouldn’t be interested… (insert the two spider man pointing at each other meme as to imply catching each other in game after paying for early access)

If the game is done, then it wouldn’t be “early access”, would it? It’d be “release day”. What you’re really asking for is to get a little alone-time with a fledgling game economy and no competition for rare spawns or resources so that you can establish an unfair foothold.

4 Likes

You would have to achieve Trust Level 3 on the forums or find a relevant one available on the allowed sites like Youtube. New Forum Guide - Syntax and Features has all the details.

1 Like

As much as I would personally enjoy and would willing pay. No, absolutely not. This is borderline pay to win. And for the long term health of classic this would be extremely hurtful.

I agree completely, which is why the compromise solution i suggested to being restricted to just one pre-mandated server of each type keeps them all together, and we still get the choice of whether to join them on that server or not.

No, early access is a game-breakingly terrible idea. It’d be a waste of a server to create a leper colony for whales. If he has more money than he knows what do do with, he should stick to buying flying pig mounts in retail.

4 Likes

lol@leper colony.

that was the point of my compromise heeheeheee

You didn’t pay $50 for a 6 day demo. You paid $50 for BlizzCon stream access which happened to include access to the Classic demo. You also got mounts in WoW, a cardback in Hearthstone, etc.

1 Like

delusional thinking.
dream on.

1 Like

This isn’t EA

1 Like

If you think we won’t be talking about which guild kills which bosses first you are crazy. The bosses may have died in vanilla but they will be world firsts again. Everyone will know which guilds are the most progressed. Plus, some people play for end game content. Just because you don’t get it doesn’t mean its a bad thing to do.

1 Like

so i come up with a compromise that settles my own issue with early access, then you come along and remind me that even segregated, early access would still cause issues for others. this is a very valid point that i didn’t think off since world firsts doesn’t apply to me. Early access is really something that should not be included. in fact, that maybe the best reason against it.

3 Likes

Wow… I can’t believe someone could see a different viewpoint on these forums. You may have just increased my faith in humanity a little bit.

lol, in 47 posts i went from #nochange, to ‘oh, i gotz an idea’ to ‘oh yeah, that don’t work for everybody’

Guilds will certainly be more progressed than others; I didn’t infer otherwise. But the prestige you’re seeking is meaningless. The world first Ragnaros kill happened years ago. You may be the first on these new realms to do it, but you’re not the world first. There is absolutely no other valid perspective on this. If you’re talking about anything that happens in Classic as “world first” you are objectively wrong.

Meaningless to you. You speak for yourself and only yourself. It was a thing on pservers so it will transfer to classic.

3 Likes

It doesn’t matter where it happens. It’s still lame and sad

I don’t get to go walk on the moon and say I’m the first person to do it just because me and some other dorks say so.

1 Like