Would people be interested in paid early access to Classic

I know I would be, would be nice to get ahead of the leveling rush.

6 Likes

no

not only that, if it is introduced, Blizzard would lose me as a customer

22 Likes

This has been asked before, FYI.

Personally it (1) smacks too much of “pay to win” and (2) why would there be any less leveling rush with most people who want in early paying to be? (I wouldn’t pay, but I also don’t give a flip about racing other people while leveling. I’ll be taking my time, and because of sharding I’m not even going to start Day 1.)

3 Likes

I don’t get the need to rush. Nothing anyone accomplishes in WoW Classic will be a world first. Absolutely nothing. Everything that can be done in this game was already done over a decade ago.

6 Likes

I consider this pay to win because of the massive advantage you would have gold farming over the rest of the population for however long you are ahead of the main pack.

Pay to win models are disgusting and should be kept as far away from Classic as possible.

BUT… If they did have a paid early access I would buy in because I would feel forced to do so as to not be behind the curve on leveling/gold farming.

5 Likes

Early access in 99.999% of cases is just there to milk money from the customer, or provide an excuse to release a half finished game.

It’s a blight on gaming. albeit a smaller one than loot boxes.

Just release it for everybody at the same time.

13 Likes

If you are among the first few to level 60 or high enough to farm some areas you can make an INSANE amount of gold for the first couple weeks of a launch. Enough to last you through most of the raid content. Farm the right stuff early and uncontested and you’re sitting with 5k+ gold EASY.

1 Like

I (and many others) paid 50$ for a 4 level demo from 15-19 at Blizzcon…

Yes, people would love to see early access.

9 Likes

No, I thought paying $50 for a 6 day demo was an insult, I’ll wait for the real game.

3 Likes

Absolutely not.

It sets a dangerous precedent and gives people an extremely unfair economic advantage.

5 Likes

whats the right stuff

there are just enough whales around here to forget about #nochanges

1 Like

it would only be unfair if they only allowed certain people to pay for it. i havent seen them do anything of the sort, so it would certainly be fair game for anyone. if they CHOOSE to not pay for it then they do not have the right to complain about it.

1 Like

Not going to happen.

No, you don’t understand. Those who buy it early get to level their character and get professions before anyone else. They don’t have as much competition. They get to establish the economy and control the auction house. They get to control the grind spots, the meta, all of that.

Classic was much more of a linear progression type of rpg than modern. This is a terrible idea that only serves to further damage Blizzard’s rep if they do it.

5 Likes

#nochanges

3 Likes

How about Blizzard just releases the game early.

How about they release it WHEN IT’S DONE?

8 Likes

well yeah when its done obv, but i’d like to pay for early access

And I like u to get banned for spouting nonsense.