Would lower damage at higher ratings be more fun?

I notice that the pacing as a healer is good and fun around average mmr, but once you get high enough the dps are so good at their rotation you have to spend the whole time healing. You can’t actually create the buffer to go for offensive pressure because your team might die at any moment and it’s not worth it.

I don’t…quite know how to reconcile that with tournament games going to damp, but games at high mmr in both 3s and solo shuffle were super fast at the end, and much faster than around 1800.

How would people feel if starting from 2k there was a 1% dmg taken decrease per 100 rating, so that at 2400 everyone took 4% less damage, 3000 10%, etc?

1 Like

There are better solutions then to reduce damage. Reduced damage never feels good for dps, and at higher rating and mmr you arguably shouldn’t be getting a moment free as a healer to do damage.

Sure. Let’s say I like being as powerful as a healer (I can heal the damage of two people!!) but the real fun comes from the moments I can assist with damage or cc, and at high ratings those moments go away. What’s a way I can still have fun at higher ratings?

No, the game was already too slow last season.

2 Likes

please no lord no please man. i couldn’t even log in the last week of the season cuz of how BORING everything was. literally at 2k games taking like 8 minutes of just getting chain micro cc’d to oblivion but nobody dying anyways. can’t even believe i still log in after that rofl.

Honestly would love to see them bring damage profiles up and reduce the number of micro cc nonsense in arena. would create a smoother experience imo.

1 Like

Healers at high rating have a huge opportunity to assist with damage and cc when their team is doing a go.

1 Like

Maybe if healers didnt cry about DPS being able to self heal, They wouldnt have to try so hard every milisecond of the game to keep their teams alive, as their team would be able to do it themselves a bit

Buff all hybrid healing, Revert all the self healing nerfs that DKs, Rets, Shamans, Druids, Priests, have received

1 Like