Would a trust system work in WoW? (solo dungeons/raids)

If they fixed up their ai then sure. Definitely for it.
It’s not like it feels like I’m playing with NPC’s anyway when I queue up for a dungeon or raid.

Very potty mouthed npcs sometimes lol

1 Like

So is FFXIV (which this system comes from)? Look at the appraise that game is getting over WoW. In my mind, this system would be from a lore standpoint. Think about when you’re questing in a zone and you get a quest that requires you to go into a dungeon to kill said boss, Instead of going into a que to continue the story why not just bring in a group of NPC’s that have relevance to that zone to continue the story in there.

3 Likes

This hits the nail on the head. I basically Trust the dungeons the first time to see my companion dialogue, and then I just Party Finder from then on.

I suppose it’s good if you play a DPS class and wanna spam dungeons for xp or a pet/glamour, but I main heals so it’s still faster for me just to queue up. The Trust NPCs don’t exactly kill anything all that fast, and that’s okay as they’re not really meant to completely replace player groups.

Pro tip: the Trust tanks are invincible. It’s unironically the fastest way to queue as DPS and pull everything.

1 Like

Trusts are ment for leveling which in this game id be okay with. but for anything like heroic or mythic no. not bots

Well if blizzard can program AI that will do its job i might add

i can trust catboy to tank 20 mobs and not insta gib?

I’d rather have Thancred because he charges between packs, meaning he grabs threat easier.

And honestly, kinda yeah. I’ve yet to see a Trust tank die from an overpull - although I’d recommend you play a DPS that has some mobility if YOU don’t want to die while pulling.

I play summoner so thats not a problem

Have as little interactions with the wow community as possible, just trust me on this one.

Everquest has a mercenary system. You can only have 1 at a time, but you get to choose from tank, healer, caster dps, or melee dps. You have to pay a nominal fee on a 15 minute or so timer to keep them active.

They aren’t as good as real people, but it’s nice to have help in the lower levels that are still tuned for groups which can be hard to find.

If a game that is still stuck in 32 bit and DX 9.0c can do it, this game can do it far better. I think it really boils down to whether Blizzard wants to or not. So far they haven’t hinted one way or the other, which is the norm since they don’t often communicate beyond update notices.

you’re missing my point a bit.

I don’t care about the lore implications of it or that ff14 is an mmo.

my point basically boils down to: Why are you playing an mmo if you want to play with bots? Social interaction should be encourage, not diminished further by replacing players with bots.

1 Like

For story purposes, this wouldnt be meant as a way to gear up your character. Solely story.

Yeh, I’ve noticed this too. I barely have to heal Thancred when I go into trusts with him. Unfortunately I have exactly one DPS class that I play, and that’s already 90 now (I’m more of a healer/hand/land person), so I can’t take too much advantage of that.

Honestly, the Trust NPCs in general are pretty good at not being hurt. Tanks just are super beefy, and the DPS play everything safe. It’s kinda boring being the healer in a Trust group, honestly. :stuck_out_tongue: :slight_smile:

LFR and dungeon finder.

1 Like

Its obvious you don’t want a system like this in the game, thats fine and dandy. But If there’s even the smallest chance that this could help us feel like we have more of a personal connection to NPC’s in the game then they should do that

For example, this isn’t word for word what Towelliee said but when he was going through endwalker and doing these trust systems he said that he felt more connected to the NPCs that were kept around him because you were actually able to go through these things with them instead of some random group of people you’d probably never see again after the dungeon was over.

Bellular even says the same thing. We’ve been through how much with Jaina/Thrall/Anduin/etc. and it feels like theres very little there at all.

and just to appease you this could be an optional thing, would you like to do it with lore characters? sure go right on ahead. Want to wait 5-10 minutes for a random group, go right on ahead.

Why do people want every game to behave like ever other game?

NPC AI in WoW has been a meme for quite some time now.

So… I vote yes. I wanna see the forum tears.

1 Like

The internet: “Grow a thick skin and get over it. The internet is a terrible place hahahahlulz”.

People: "Can we please do the dungeon for quests, pets/mogs, lore solo?

The internet: “No you should be encouraged to be around those toxic people!”.

My post really covers it in the Community Council forum. While the game is an MMO…it is an MMORPG. It is an online role play game where you see other players. The RPG part matters. The idea of forcing them into groups has been tried. For a variety of reasons, it fails. I do go over a lot of the very valid reasons players avoid groups at times here Dungeon and Raid Solo Accessibility for Old & Current Content

Let people have fun. If they want to solo dungeons and raids for current content to see the story and do quests, let them. Nobody is asking for free Heroic or Mythic loot.

1 Like

I dont think they really understand that sadly