Would a trust system work in WoW? (solo dungeons/raids)

The AI is certainly there, the question is whether or not it would even be appropriate for the game. The lore is abysmal in WoW, and lore is one of the primary reasons why people do Trust in FFXIV - and honestly, people who don’t do Trust in FFXIV are just missing out.

3 Likes

caverns of time thrall just popped into my head and i frowned pretttttty heavily…
but, it would give another avenue for players to experience.

i would still like to see a mercenary option where you could hire npcs to fill empty dungeon spots (unless y’all like forty minute waits when trying to do scholo with your lowbie…?). you could hire npcs with different personality types to fit your needs, such as “i pull everything” mages or “you are safe with Braum” tanks lol

4 Likes

While this is very very true, and I hope that this one day changes (not holding my breath though as long as Danuser is around). I do feel like maybe this could give us a chance to become more connected with Major NPC’s in the game. like get their thought process with everything going on and see some commentary from there!

1 Like

Buy the latest book.

It could work.
I get why people wouldn’t want it, but technically it could work.
If nothing else, the NPCs could be like going to Stormwind garrison and hire the NPCs you need and have them look like Stormwind guards and priests etc.

It always seemed kinda odd to me that we, as champions, don’t have our own little entourage of handlers that we could enlist to cover our backs during our missions.

Varian didn’t have any at the Broken Shore and look what happened, ganked by a couple Felguards.

Would our kings and warchiefs REALLY let us go out on our own to risk the fate of everything, unattended?

I think not.

6 Likes

Yes to to the concept of AI partners in a raid or dungeon. Solo raids and dungeons would be a really good thing. I made a post about Solo dungeon and raids on the Community Council forum.

Your title is misleading though… I thought you were talking about the forum trust.

3 Likes

If they really wanted to be realistic you’d have Thrall standing in the fire, Sylvanas pulling extra mobs, Tirion a mile ahead of the group. Jaina just munching on mana buns and blowing Time Warp during trash to eat those buns faster.

The only proper way to run a dungeon! Player-style

4 Likes

sorry bout that, changed the title!

Give every NPC dungeon group a chance to proc Leeroy Jenkins as on of the team with a bonus if you can actually complete the dungeon with him yoloing randomly.

After I stopped laughing, it did make me think about how the AI NPCs might be assigned or chosen. My basic concept was simply for them to exist so we can do solo current content, but there could be more.

What if we could somehow select or earn access to various NPCs for use solo? What if some of them were a bit of a challenge and resulted in Achievements if you managed to complete it with them there?

What if all those garrison/command table followers you leveled and equipped could come help you?

I don’t want to over complicate it. I want the base system to have AI that lets you do current dungeons and raids for quests, story, professions. BUT having more to the system could be a heck of a lot of fun.

1 Like

While I’m not a fan of the idea of NPC teams, using the followers that we’re already getting for the tables makes the most sense for toons who’ve done that stuff.

2 Likes

Shouting “I am the World Shaman!” as he stands in it too XD.

Playing with an NPC group just gives me healer proving grounds flashbacks with NPC’s standing in fire and whining about heals. Then there is the tank mage tower with the worst healer NPC in the world…So I’m going to go no thank you.

1 Like

As long as they improve NPC AI I’d be all for it.

After dealing with the proving grounds and mage tower npcs I’m not convinced it’s a good idea just yet.

my issue is wow is an mmo, we should encourage players to group together for group content, not play solo.

could it work? sure
would players enjoy it? probably

just my opinion. We already see plenty of posts about how low the social interaction in wow is, imagine how many more there’d be if they added actual bots to play with you.

If they fixed up their ai then sure. Definitely for it.
It’s not like it feels like I’m playing with NPC’s anyway when I queue up for a dungeon or raid.

Very potty mouthed npcs sometimes lol

1 Like

So is FFXIV (which this system comes from)? Look at the appraise that game is getting over WoW. In my mind, this system would be from a lore standpoint. Think about when you’re questing in a zone and you get a quest that requires you to go into a dungeon to kill said boss, Instead of going into a que to continue the story why not just bring in a group of NPC’s that have relevance to that zone to continue the story in there.

3 Likes

This hits the nail on the head. I basically Trust the dungeons the first time to see my companion dialogue, and then I just Party Finder from then on.

I suppose it’s good if you play a DPS class and wanna spam dungeons for xp or a pet/glamour, but I main heals so it’s still faster for me just to queue up. The Trust NPCs don’t exactly kill anything all that fast, and that’s okay as they’re not really meant to completely replace player groups.

Pro tip: the Trust tanks are invincible. It’s unironically the fastest way to queue as DPS and pull everything.

1 Like

Trusts are ment for leveling which in this game id be okay with. but for anything like heroic or mythic no. not bots